US: 3M loose-fill insulation that mimics natural down
A new loose fill insulation launched by 3M closely mimics the look and performance of natural down, the company says, with two times the loft when wet and without the allergens.
3M Thinsulate Featherless Insulation is described as lightweight, highly breathable and provides extreme warmth for extreme conditions. In addition, it is warm even when wet and loftier than down at the same basis weight.
The new product extends the 3M Thinsulate Insulation line made from microfibres or fine fibres which is used in jackets‚ trousers‚ gloves‚ hats and boots.
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024