US: 3M loose-fill insulation that mimics natural down
A new loose fill insulation launched by 3M closely mimics the look and performance of natural down, the company says, with two times the loft when wet and without the allergens.
3M Thinsulate Featherless Insulation is described as lightweight, highly breathable and provides extreme warmth for extreme conditions. In addition, it is warm even when wet and loftier than down at the same basis weight.
The new product extends the 3M Thinsulate Insulation line made from microfibres or fine fibres which is used in jackets‚ trousers‚ gloves‚ hats and boots.
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015