US: 3M loose-fill insulation that mimics natural down
A new loose fill insulation launched by 3M closely mimics the look and performance of natural down, the company says, with two times the loft when wet and without the allergens.
3M Thinsulate Featherless Insulation is described as lightweight, highly breathable and provides extreme warmth for extreme conditions. In addition, it is warm even when wet and loftier than down at the same basis weight.
The new product extends the 3M Thinsulate Insulation line made from microfibres or fine fibres which is used in jackets‚ trousers‚ gloves‚ hats and boots.
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry