US: 3M loose-fill insulation that mimics natural down
A new loose fill insulation launched by 3M closely mimics the look and performance of natural down, the company says, with two times the loft when wet and without the allergens.
3M Thinsulate Featherless Insulation is described as lightweight, highly breathable and provides extreme warmth for extreme conditions. In addition, it is warm even when wet and loftier than down at the same basis weight.
The new product extends the 3M Thinsulate Insulation line made from microfibres or fine fibres which is used in jackets‚ trousers‚ gloves‚ hats and boots.
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Myanmar Code of Conduct a first step in compliance
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019