US: AAFA appoints new chairman
The American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA) has named Rick Darling as board of directors chairman, replacing Killick Datta.
The news was announced at the AAFA annual executive summit on Thursday (3 March).
Darling, currently serving as president of apparel distributor LF USA and executive director of consumer goods exporter Li & Fung Limited, has previously held various management positions at retailers including Gap Inc.
"As president of a company with significant sourcing competence and widespread global apparel and footwear business, Rick will provide great insight and direction as AAFA continues to tackle the major issues impacting both industries," said AAFA president and CEO Kevin M Burke.
"As a member of the board for several years, I am honoured to serve as chairman as we continue to extend our reach and influence in the global marketplace," added Darling.
A complete list of the AAFA board of directors and officers can be found on the AAFA website.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2011 sales results....
The chairman of Li & Fung has said Christmas sales may match last year's, according to reports, with retailers likely to see same-store growth....
Specialty retailer Gap Inc has reported a 6% drop in August same-store sales, with declines across all divisions, and says it is working to improve its women's wear....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc is to open its first Banana Republic store in France in early December as it steps up international growth plans. ...
The chairman of sourcing giant Li & Fung, Victor Fung, has set up a Hong Kong-based think-tank to provide Asian perspectives on global issues....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts