US: AAFA launches updated chemical management tool
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has launched an updated chemical management tool as part of its Voluntary Product Environmental Profile (VPEP) supplier disclosure form.
The VPEP, unveiled today (26 March), is a subscription-based collaboration platform allowing suppliers and buyers to exchange information more easily on the chemical make-up and environmental impact of textile products.
The profile is a standardized supplier disclosure form containing vital information on the chemical makeup of products and their environmental properties relative to global standards and regulations. They are used for product development, compliance and sustainability initiatives by major companies in the chemical, textile, apparel and footwear industries.
The tool was built in partnership with TEXbase, a product integrity management software solutions provider that revolutionizes data management, supplier collaboration and product compliance.
VPEP was originally released to the public several years ago by the National Textile Association. The AAFA adopted the project and updated it in 2013.
"While the use of VPEP is completely voluntary, it is preferred and has been widely implemented by many major companies in the chemical and textile industries," the AAFA said.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015