US: AAFA launches updated chemical management tool
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has launched an updated chemical management tool as part of its Voluntary Product Environmental Profile (VPEP) supplier disclosure form.
The VPEP, unveiled today (26 March), is a subscription-based collaboration platform allowing suppliers and buyers to exchange information more easily on the chemical make-up and environmental impact of textile products.
The profile is a standardized supplier disclosure form containing vital information on the chemical makeup of products and their environmental properties relative to global standards and regulations. They are used for product development, compliance and sustainability initiatives by major companies in the chemical, textile, apparel and footwear industries.
The tool was built in partnership with TEXbase, a product integrity management software solutions provider that revolutionizes data management, supplier collaboration and product compliance.
VPEP was originally released to the public several years ago by the National Textile Association. The AAFA adopted the project and updated it in 2013.
"While the use of VPEP is completely voluntary, it is preferred and has been widely implemented by many major companies in the chemical and textile industries," the AAFA said.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; design tools; fabrics for jeanswear; restricted substances; a...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and clothing industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; antimicrobial sewing thread; apparel sizing and ...
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- US apparel prices continue to fall
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Moisture Management Fabrics: Key to Wearer Comfort
- Global Apparel Markets: Product Developments and Innovations, 2nd Quarter 2014