US: AAFA launches updated chemical management tool
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has launched an updated chemical management tool as part of its Voluntary Product Environmental Profile (VPEP) supplier disclosure form.
The VPEP, unveiled today (26 March), is a subscription-based collaboration platform allowing suppliers and buyers to exchange information more easily on the chemical make-up and environmental impact of textile products.
The profile is a standardized supplier disclosure form containing vital information on the chemical makeup of products and their environmental properties relative to global standards and regulations. They are used for product development, compliance and sustainability initiatives by major companies in the chemical, textile, apparel and footwear industries.
The tool was built in partnership with TEXbase, a product integrity management software solutions provider that revolutionizes data management, supplier collaboration and product compliance.
VPEP was originally released to the public several years ago by the National Textile Association. The AAFA adopted the project and updated it in 2013.
"While the use of VPEP is completely voluntary, it is preferred and has been widely implemented by many major companies in the chemical and textile industries," the AAFA said.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; design tools; fabrics for jeanswear; restricted substances; a...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and clothing industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; antimicrobial sewing thread; apparel sizing and ...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide