US: AAFA launches updated chemical management tool
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has launched an updated chemical management tool as part of its Voluntary Product Environmental Profile (VPEP) supplier disclosure form.
The VPEP, unveiled today (26 March), is a subscription-based collaboration platform allowing suppliers and buyers to exchange information more easily on the chemical make-up and environmental impact of textile products.
The profile is a standardized supplier disclosure form containing vital information on the chemical makeup of products and their environmental properties relative to global standards and regulations. They are used for product development, compliance and sustainability initiatives by major companies in the chemical, textile, apparel and footwear industries.
The tool was built in partnership with TEXbase, a product integrity management software solutions provider that revolutionizes data management, supplier collaboration and product compliance.
VPEP was originally released to the public several years ago by the National Textile Association. The AAFA adopted the project and updated it in 2013.
"While the use of VPEP is completely voluntary, it is preferred and has been widely implemented by many major companies in the chemical and textile industries," the AAFA said.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; design tools; fabrics for jeanswear; restricted substances; a...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and clothing industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; antimicrobial sewing thread; apparel sizing and ...
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead