US: AAFA launches updated chemical management tool
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has launched an updated chemical management tool as part of its Voluntary Product Environmental Profile (VPEP) supplier disclosure form.
The VPEP, unveiled today (26 March), is a subscription-based collaboration platform allowing suppliers and buyers to exchange information more easily on the chemical make-up and environmental impact of textile products.
The profile is a standardized supplier disclosure form containing vital information on the chemical makeup of products and their environmental properties relative to global standards and regulations. They are used for product development, compliance and sustainability initiatives by major companies in the chemical, textile, apparel and footwear industries.
The tool was built in partnership with TEXbase, a product integrity management software solutions provider that revolutionizes data management, supplier collaboration and product compliance.
VPEP was originally released to the public several years ago by the National Textile Association. The AAFA adopted the project and updated it in 2013.
"While the use of VPEP is completely voluntary, it is preferred and has been widely implemented by many major companies in the chemical and textile industries," the AAFA said.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)