AAFA names industry leaders to board of directors
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has named executives from New Balance Athletics, VF Corporation, Gerber Childrenswear and Advent International to its board of directors for the coming year.
Board members are elected to serve a three-year term from 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2019. AAFA's board also rotates its officers every year and appoints one board member to secretary. Officers of the AAFA board of directors for the 2016-2017 term are:
- Robert DeMartini, president and chief executive officer, New Balance Athletics Inc as chairman;
- Paula Zusi, global operating advisor - retail supply chain, Advent International Corporation as vice chair;
- Thomas Glaser, vice president of VF and president - global supply chain, VF Corporation as treasurer;
- Gary Simmons, president and CEO, Gerber Childrenswear, LLC as secretary.
The board member announcements were made at the recent AAFA executive summit, which took place last week in Washington, DC.
At the board meeting, the trade association, which represents US apparel and footwear companies and their suppliers, also approved and announced its three-year strategic plan which will focus on delivering exclusive expertise in brand protection, supply chain management, and trade for the apparel and footwear industry.
Newly elected and re-elected board members include:
- Mala Brindisi, executive vice president - supply chain, Spanx Inc.
- Thomas Chubb, chairman, chief executive officer and president, Oxford Industries
- Richard Darling, executive director - government and public Affairs, Li & Fung Ltd
- Kellie Davies Brown, director - TSS Accessories, Target
- Abbey Doneger, president and chief executive officer, The Doneger Group
- Allan Ellinger, senior managing partner, MMG Advisors
- Al Gervais, chief operations officer, Marc Fisher Footwear
- Edward Gribbin, president, Alvanon Inc.
- Bernard Leifer, president and CEO, SGFootwear
- Ed Manburg, CFO, Byer California
- Michael Mansh, president, Pennsylvania Apparel LLC
- Bruce Munro, CEO, Munro & Company Inc
- James Schwartz, president and chief executive officer, MGF Sourcing
AAFA's full board consists of 49 members from across the industry. Click here to view the full list.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has released the 18th edition of the Restricted Substances List (RSL), listing banned or restricted chemicals and substances in apparel, and footwear...
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has reshuffled executives from VF Corporation, Gerber Childrenswear, Oxford Industries and Advent International on its board of directors for the com...
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has entered into a partnership agreement with the East Africa Trade and Investment Hub to ensure best-in-class manufacturing of goods destined for th...
The American Apparel & Footwear Association and yoga wear brand Lululemon Athletica are among new signatories to the Social & Labor Convergence Project (SLCP), bringing the total number of signatories...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack