US: AAFA names Juanita Duggan as president and CEO
After a six-month search, the American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA) has named Juanita Duggan as its next president and CEO.
Duggan, an experienced trade association executive and lobbyist, will join the association on 1 July, and replaces Kevin Burke who stepped down in January.
She joins AAFA after three years as policy director at Washington-based lobbying firm Brownstein, Hyatt, Farber, Shreck, where her clients included the retail sector. Duggan is also a former president and CEO of the Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of America, and the former president and CEO of American Forest and Paper Association.
"Juanita has demonstrated time and again her relentlessness and dedication to succeed for her clients," says Rick Helfenbein, chairman of AAFA. "Her ability to lead organisations, develop coalitions, and successfully manage complex lobbying efforts and public affairs campaigns is quite impressive."
"This is a great opportunity to up the association's game in an era of fast-paced change in the industry and the policy world," adds Duggan. "The apparel and footwear industry is a key driver of economic growth in the US and globally. I can't wait to tell their story."
AAFA is an industry trade group representing more than 1,000 world famous apparel and footwear brands.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020