AAFA to host sourcing and logistics event
Sourcing trends, customs policies, logistics challenges, and global expansion will be among the topics discussed at the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) conference in Washington DC next week.
The 'Strategic Sourcing, Customs, and Logistics Integration Conference' gets underway on 14 April and draws sourcing executives from apparel and footwear companies to hear from one another and directly from policymakers.
Featured speakers include: Ambassador Robert Holleyman, deputy US Trade Representative; Mario Cordero, chairman, Federal Maritime Commission; Sandra Bell, deputy assistant commissioner, Office of International Trade, US Customs and Border Protection; and Duncan Scott, VP of external products for New Balance Athletic Shoe.
The event comes on the heels of recently announced progress on the West Coast ports labour dispute, and as Congress is engaged in a national debate on US trade policies.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack