US: AAFA unveils mobile app and reasonable testing guidance
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has unveiled two new resources that it says will help its members navigate a growing and complex global regulatory environment.
At this week's Product Safety West Conference at Marina del Rey, the AAFA launched its new Reasonable Testing Guidance in addition to a just-launched mobile app.
The Testing Guidance serves as a guideline for the regulated community within the apparel and footwear industry to explain key elements of the testing and certification of children's products, and how these general rules will apply to their existing procedures and where new regulatory obligations exist.
The new mobile app features improved access to the AAFA Restricted Substances List, an improved Legislative Action Center to allow members to connect directly from their smartphones, in addition to quick briefings discussing the latest industry legislative issues, and a mobile Webinar Learning Center to watch archived webinars.
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis