US: AAFA unveils mobile app and reasonable testing guidance
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has unveiled two new resources that it says will help its members navigate a growing and complex global regulatory environment.
At this week's Product Safety West Conference at Marina del Rey, the AAFA launched its new Reasonable Testing Guidance in addition to a just-launched mobile app.
The Testing Guidance serves as a guideline for the regulated community within the apparel and footwear industry to explain key elements of the testing and certification of children's products, and how these general rules will apply to their existing procedures and where new regulatory obligations exist.
The new mobile app features improved access to the AAFA Restricted Substances List, an improved Legislative Action Center to allow members to connect directly from their smartphones, in addition to quick briefings discussing the latest industry legislative issues, and a mobile Webinar Learning Center to watch archived webinars.
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- Australian brands lack supply chain visibility
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Cotton growers facing “neglect, abuse and poverty”
- Authentic Brands acquires Jones New York