US: AAFA unveils mobile app and reasonable testing guidance
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has unveiled two new resources that it says will help its members navigate a growing and complex global regulatory environment.
At this week's Product Safety West Conference at Marina del Rey, the AAFA launched its new Reasonable Testing Guidance in addition to a just-launched mobile app.
The Testing Guidance serves as a guideline for the regulated community within the apparel and footwear industry to explain key elements of the testing and certification of children's products, and how these general rules will apply to their existing procedures and where new regulatory obligations exist.
The new mobile app features improved access to the AAFA Restricted Substances List, an improved Legislative Action Center to allow members to connect directly from their smartphones, in addition to quick briefings discussing the latest industry legislative issues, and a mobile Webinar Learning Center to watch archived webinars.
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined