US: AAFA unveils mobile app and reasonable testing guidance
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has unveiled two new resources that it says will help its members navigate a growing and complex global regulatory environment.
At this week's Product Safety West Conference at Marina del Rey, the AAFA launched its new Reasonable Testing Guidance in addition to a just-launched mobile app.
The Testing Guidance serves as a guideline for the regulated community within the apparel and footwear industry to explain key elements of the testing and certification of children's products, and how these general rules will apply to their existing procedures and where new regulatory obligations exist.
The new mobile app features improved access to the AAFA Restricted Substances List, an improved Legislative Action Center to allow members to connect directly from their smartphones, in addition to quick briefings discussing the latest industry legislative issues, and a mobile Webinar Learning Center to watch archived webinars.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report