US: AAFA unveils mobile app and reasonable testing guidance
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has unveiled two new resources that it says will help its members navigate a growing and complex global regulatory environment.
At this week's Product Safety West Conference at Marina del Rey, the AAFA launched its new Reasonable Testing Guidance in addition to a just-launched mobile app.
The Testing Guidance serves as a guideline for the regulated community within the apparel and footwear industry to explain key elements of the testing and certification of children's products, and how these general rules will apply to their existing procedures and where new regulatory obligations exist.
The new mobile app features improved access to the AAFA Restricted Substances List, an improved Legislative Action Center to allow members to connect directly from their smartphones, in addition to quick briefings discussing the latest industry legislative issues, and a mobile Webinar Learning Center to watch archived webinars.
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)