US: Abercrombie & Fitch CFO takes on new COO role
In its latest round of management changes, teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has promoted CFO Jonathan Ramsden to the newly-created role of COO.
Ramsden, who has been with the company since December 2008, will continue to serve as CFO until a replacement is found. As COO, he will help to manage the overall execution of the company's long-term strategic plans.
FBR analyst Susan Anderson described the change as positive. "Given this and his experience with Abercrombie & Fitch, we think this move could potentially create a successor to Jeffries," she said.
"Even though investors may want an outsider, we think Ramsden is also a good choice," she said, adding, "we believe [he is] the driving force behind current operational changes, and is well regarded by investors."
The move comes days after the teen apparel retailer separated the roles of chairman and CEO, leaving Michael Jeffries at the helm, while naming former Sears boss Arthur Martinez non-executive chairman.
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co is using the Demandware Commerce platform to power the expansion of its digital retail operations across Asia....
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
Apparel sales increased in 2013, mainly driven by increased consumer confidence and expenditure. This positive growth was also largely due to the increasing popularity of outdoor wear and sportswear. ...
Menswear recorded value growth of 12%, reaching HKD$24 billion in 2013. Better economic development resulted in stronger consumer confidence. Eventually, it became the contributory factor that raised ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead