US: Abercrombie & Fitch CFO takes on new COO role
In its latest round of management changes, teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has promoted CFO Jonathan Ramsden to the newly-created role of COO.
Ramsden, who has been with the company since December 2008, will continue to serve as CFO until a replacement is found. As COO, he will help to manage the overall execution of the company's long-term strategic plans.
FBR analyst Susan Anderson described the change as positive. "Given this and his experience with Abercrombie & Fitch, we think this move could potentially create a successor to Jeffries," she said.
"Even though investors may want an outsider, we think Ramsden is also a good choice," she said, adding, "we believe [he is] the driving force behind current operational changes, and is well regarded by investors."
The move comes days after the teen apparel retailer separated the roles of chairman and CEO, leaving Michael Jeffries at the helm, while naming former Sears boss Arthur Martinez non-executive chairman.
"Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key ...
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Wal-Mart replaces US division chief
- AAFA urges Senate to modify Bangladesh provisions
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges