US: Abercrombie & Fitch CFO takes on new COO role
In its latest round of management changes, teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has promoted CFO Jonathan Ramsden to the newly-created role of COO.
Ramsden, who has been with the company since December 2008, will continue to serve as CFO until a replacement is found. As COO, he will help to manage the overall execution of the company's long-term strategic plans.
FBR analyst Susan Anderson described the change as positive. "Given this and his experience with Abercrombie & Fitch, we think this move could potentially create a successor to Jeffries," she said.
"Even though investors may want an outsider, we think Ramsden is also a good choice," she said, adding, "we believe [he is] the driving force behind current operational changes, and is well regarded by investors."
The move comes days after the teen apparel retailer separated the roles of chairman and CEO, leaving Michael Jeffries at the helm, while naming former Sears boss Arthur Martinez non-executive chairman.
"Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key ...
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report