US: Abercrombie & Fitch splits chairman and CEO roles
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has separated the roles of chairman and CEO, abandoned its shareholder rights plan, and named three new board members.
Former Sears CEO Arthur Martinez has been appointed non-executive chairman, while Michael Jeffries, who has served as chairman since 1996, will continue to serve as the company's CEO.
In addition, Terry Burman and Charles Perrin have been named directors of the board, joining Martinez.
The retailer has also decided to terminate its shareholder rghts plan, a tactic commonly adopted by companies to defend themselves against potential takeovers.
Craig Stapleton, chair of the nominating and board governance committee and former lead independent director, said: "These significant changes demonstrate the company's ongoing commitment to being a leader in corporate governance best practices and responding to shareholder concerns."
The changes come less than two months after Abercrombie & Fitch shareholder Engaged Capital urged the retailer to replace Jeffries when his contract expires in February.
Days later, the retailer reworked its contract with Jeffries to see his compensation paid in line with company performance.
Abercrombie & Fitch swung to a third-quarter loss in November, after it was weighed down by a double-digit drop in sales and costs linked to the restructuring of its Gilly Hicks business.
"Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key ...
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
US apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has appointed Kohl's EVP of finance, Joanne Crevoiserat, as its CEO....
Apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch reported a slump in fourth quarter profit, impacted by a series of charges related to asset impairments and the closure of its Gilly Hicks chain....
In its latest round of management changes, teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has promoted CFO Jonathan Ramsden to the newly-created role of COO....
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects