USA: Abercrombie & Fitch To Roll-Out Hollister Stores
US casual clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch plans to roll out its Hollister store format to 20 new stores by next Autumn, Retail Week reported today.Hollister is a casual clothing chain aimed at school-aged teenagers that Abercrombie & Fitch has been testing in four locations on the US's West Coast since July.The retailer now believes there may be room in its domestic market for up to 800 Hollister outlets. "The store concept has been a great success for us and we are confident that it has a great deal of growth potential," said a spokeswoman for Abercrombie & Fitch.Last week, the retailer reported an increase of 28 per cent in net sales for the third quarter, from US$287m (£200.8m) to US$366.9m (£256.7m). The retailer operates around 325 stores in the US, including 71 Abercrombie Kids stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack