USA: Abercrombie & Fitch To Roll-Out Hollister Stores
US casual clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch plans to roll out its Hollister store format to 20 new stores by next Autumn, Retail Week reported today.Hollister is a casual clothing chain aimed at school-aged teenagers that Abercrombie & Fitch has been testing in four locations on the US's West Coast since July.The retailer now believes there may be room in its domestic market for up to 800 Hollister outlets. "The store concept has been a great success for us and we are confident that it has a great deal of growth potential," said a spokeswoman for Abercrombie & Fitch.Last week, the retailer reported an increase of 28 per cent in net sales for the third quarter, from US$287m (£200.8m) to US$366.9m (£256.7m). The retailer operates around 325 stores in the US, including 71 Abercrombie Kids stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020