USA: Abercrombie & Fitch To Roll-Out Hollister Stores
US casual clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch plans to roll out its Hollister store format to 20 new stores by next Autumn, Retail Week reported today.Hollister is a casual clothing chain aimed at school-aged teenagers that Abercrombie & Fitch has been testing in four locations on the US's West Coast since July.The retailer now believes there may be room in its domestic market for up to 800 Hollister outlets. "The store concept has been a great success for us and we are confident that it has a great deal of growth potential," said a spokeswoman for Abercrombie & Fitch.Last week, the retailer reported an increase of 28 per cent in net sales for the third quarter, from US$287m (£200.8m) to US$366.9m (£256.7m). The retailer operates around 325 stores in the US, including 71 Abercrombie Kids stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar