US: Abercrombie & Fitch to use predictive analytics
First Insight’s solution will enable Abercrombie & Fitch to test new candidate products
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has partnered with a new solutions provider as part of its strategy to increase speed to market.
The retail group has turned to technology firm First Insight to receive consumer-driven predictive analytics that Abercrombie says will help it make faster and more accurate design, buying and pricing decisions.
This, it says, will help reduce markdowns and mitigate risks associated with new product introductions.
First Insight's solution will enable Abercrombie & Fitch to test new candidate products, in every product category, on a weekly basis, throughout the merchandising organisation and the product development lifecycle. This, in turn, should lead to a drop in promotions and an increase in average unit retail prices.
"By using First Insight to identify more winning products and price them appropriately, we are increasing speed to market with the right styles which will yield increases in sales and margin," said Gillian Galner, GVP of Abercrombie & Fitch.
"After evaluating the solution for an extended period, we have confirmed the solution will deliver a strong return on investment."
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co is using the Demandware Commerce platform to power the expansion of its digital retail operations across Asia....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- US Q2 in brief: Shoe Carnival, J Crew, Aeropostale
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020