US: Abercrombie & Fitch to use predictive analytics
First Insight’s solution will enable Abercrombie & Fitch to test new candidate products
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has partnered with a new solutions provider as part of its strategy to increase speed to market.
The retail group has turned to technology firm First Insight to receive consumer-driven predictive analytics that Abercrombie says will help it make faster and more accurate design, buying and pricing decisions.
This, it says, will help reduce markdowns and mitigate risks associated with new product introductions.
First Insight's solution will enable Abercrombie & Fitch to test new candidate products, in every product category, on a weekly basis, throughout the merchandising organisation and the product development lifecycle. This, in turn, should lead to a drop in promotions and an increase in average unit retail prices.
"By using First Insight to identify more winning products and price them appropriately, we are increasing speed to market with the right styles which will yield increases in sales and margin," said Gillian Galner, GVP of Abercrombie & Fitch.
"After evaluating the solution for an extended period, we have confirmed the solution will deliver a strong return on investment."
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co is using the Demandware Commerce platform to power the expansion of its digital retail operations across Asia....
Apparel sales increased in 2013, mainly driven by increased consumer confidence and expenditure. This positive growth was also largely due to the increasing popularity of outdoor wear and sportswear. ...
Menswear recorded value growth of 12%, reaching HKD$24 billion in 2013. Better economic development resulted in stronger consumer confidence. Eventually, it became the contributory factor that raised ...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019