US: Abercrombie & Fitch to use predictive analytics
First Insight’s solution will enable Abercrombie & Fitch to test new candidate products
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has partnered with a new solutions provider as part of its strategy to increase speed to market.
The retail group has turned to technology firm First Insight to receive consumer-driven predictive analytics that Abercrombie says will help it make faster and more accurate design, buying and pricing decisions.
This, it says, will help reduce markdowns and mitigate risks associated with new product introductions.
First Insight's solution will enable Abercrombie & Fitch to test new candidate products, in every product category, on a weekly basis, throughout the merchandising organisation and the product development lifecycle. This, in turn, should lead to a drop in promotions and an increase in average unit retail prices.
"By using First Insight to identify more winning products and price them appropriately, we are increasing speed to market with the right styles which will yield increases in sales and margin," said Gillian Galner, GVP of Abercrombie & Fitch.
"After evaluating the solution for an extended period, we have confirmed the solution will deliver a strong return on investment."
"Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key ...
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change