US: Abercrombie & Fitch to use predictive analytics
First Insight’s solution will enable Abercrombie & Fitch to test new candidate products
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has partnered with a new solutions provider as part of its strategy to increase speed to market.
The retail group has turned to technology firm First Insight to receive consumer-driven predictive analytics that Abercrombie says will help it make faster and more accurate design, buying and pricing decisions.
This, it says, will help reduce markdowns and mitigate risks associated with new product introductions.
First Insight's solution will enable Abercrombie & Fitch to test new candidate products, in every product category, on a weekly basis, throughout the merchandising organisation and the product development lifecycle. This, in turn, should lead to a drop in promotions and an increase in average unit retail prices.
"By using First Insight to identify more winning products and price them appropriately, we are increasing speed to market with the right styles which will yield increases in sales and margin," said Gillian Galner, GVP of Abercrombie & Fitch.
"After evaluating the solution for an extended period, we have confirmed the solution will deliver a strong return on investment."
"Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key ...
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report