US: Abercrombie & Fitch ups FY guidance
Abercrombie & Fitch updated its earnings forecast based on higher than expected sales
US apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has upped its full-year earnings guidance based on higher fourth-quarter sales.
In an update yesterday (10 January), the company said it was updating its earnings forecast based on better than expected sales for the fourth quarter-to-date and ongoing cost reduction efforts.
It now expects full year adjusted non-GAAP earnings per diluted share to be in the range of US$1.55 to $1.65, compared to prior guidance of $1.40 to $1.50.
This updated projection assumes January comparable sales below the quarter-to-date trend reflecting a stronger prior year comparable sales base, it said.
Total comparable sales for the nine weeks ended 4 January, including direct-to-consumer sales, dropped 6% with comparable US sales falling 4%.
Comparable international sales were down 10%, while total direct-to-consumer comparable sales increased 25%.
"Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key ...
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies