US: Abercrombie & Fitch ups FY guidance
Abercrombie & Fitch updated its earnings forecast based on higher than expected sales
US apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has upped its full-year earnings guidance based on higher fourth-quarter sales.
In an update yesterday (10 January), the company said it was updating its earnings forecast based on better than expected sales for the fourth quarter-to-date and ongoing cost reduction efforts.
It now expects full year adjusted non-GAAP earnings per diluted share to be in the range of US$1.55 to $1.65, compared to prior guidance of $1.40 to $1.50.
This updated projection assumes January comparable sales below the quarter-to-date trend reflecting a stronger prior year comparable sales base, it said.
Total comparable sales for the nine weeks ended 4 January, including direct-to-consumer sales, dropped 6% with comparable US sales falling 4%.
Comparable international sales were down 10%, while total direct-to-consumer comparable sales increased 25%.
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
Christos Angelides, Next's fashion director is to step down from his role to join Abercrombie & Fitch as president of its namesake and kids brands....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report