US: Abercrombie & Fitch ups FY guidance
Abercrombie & Fitch updated its earnings forecast based on higher than expected sales
US apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has upped its full-year earnings guidance based on higher fourth-quarter sales.
In an update yesterday (10 January), the company said it was updating its earnings forecast based on better than expected sales for the fourth quarter-to-date and ongoing cost reduction efforts.
It now expects full year adjusted non-GAAP earnings per diluted share to be in the range of US$1.55 to $1.65, compared to prior guidance of $1.40 to $1.50.
This updated projection assumes January comparable sales below the quarter-to-date trend reflecting a stronger prior year comparable sales base, it said.
Total comparable sales for the nine weeks ended 4 January, including direct-to-consumer sales, dropped 6% with comparable US sales falling 4%.
Comparable international sales were down 10%, while total direct-to-consumer comparable sales increased 25%.
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
Apparel sales increased in 2013, mainly driven by increased consumer confidence and expenditure. This positive growth was also largely due to the increasing popularity of outdoor wear and sportswear. ...
Menswear recorded value growth of 12%, reaching HKD$24 billion in 2013. Better economic development resulted in stronger consumer confidence. Eventually, it became the contributory factor that raised ...
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- Vietnam factories face fire safety challenge
- Wage theft of migrants in Thai apparel industry
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade
- Nike shares slide on future orders in Q2
- Philippines added to European Union GSP+ scheme