US: Abercrombie & Fitch ups FY guidance
Abercrombie & Fitch updated its earnings forecast based on higher than expected sales
US apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has upped its full-year earnings guidance based on higher fourth-quarter sales.
In an update yesterday (10 January), the company said it was updating its earnings forecast based on better than expected sales for the fourth quarter-to-date and ongoing cost reduction efforts.
It now expects full year adjusted non-GAAP earnings per diluted share to be in the range of US$1.55 to $1.65, compared to prior guidance of $1.40 to $1.50.
This updated projection assumes January comparable sales below the quarter-to-date trend reflecting a stronger prior year comparable sales base, it said.
Total comparable sales for the nine weeks ended 4 January, including direct-to-consumer sales, dropped 6% with comparable US sales falling 4%.
Comparable international sales were down 10%, while total direct-to-consumer comparable sales increased 25%.
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co is using the Demandware Commerce platform to power the expansion of its digital retail operations across Asia....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020