US: Abercrombie & Fitch ups FY guidance
Abercrombie & Fitch updated its earnings forecast based on higher than expected sales
US apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has upped its full-year earnings guidance based on higher fourth-quarter sales.
In an update yesterday (10 January), the company said it was updating its earnings forecast based on better than expected sales for the fourth quarter-to-date and ongoing cost reduction efforts.
It now expects full year adjusted non-GAAP earnings per diluted share to be in the range of US$1.55 to $1.65, compared to prior guidance of $1.40 to $1.50.
This updated projection assumes January comparable sales below the quarter-to-date trend reflecting a stronger prior year comparable sales base, it said.
Total comparable sales for the nine weeks ended 4 January, including direct-to-consumer sales, dropped 6% with comparable US sales falling 4%.
Comparable international sales were down 10%, while total direct-to-consumer comparable sales increased 25%.
Canadean's "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co is using the Demandware Commerce platform to power the expansion of its digital retail operations across Asia....
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019