USA: Academy Sports Takes Cautious Steps Into Cyberspace
Academy Sports and Outdoors, one of the US's largest sporting goods retailers, is making the move into multichannel after it signed up with SVI Retail for the company's direct-to-consumer fulfillment product, SVI Direct.Like many brick and mortar companies, Academy Sports and Outdoors wants to use the Internet as an alternate sales channel, but prefers to tread cautiously rather than rush onto the web.Lynn Caldwell, vice president of information systems for Academy Sports and Outdoors, said: "We feel the Internet will be a very successful channel for us, but we are proceeding carefully. We want to be sure we have a solid infrastructure in place so that the customer experience on the web is as positive as the one we have been delivering in our stores.""We chose SVI's fulfillment engine because it has already been successfully integrated into the SVI merchandising solution we are currently using. We look forward to continuing our 17-year relationship with SVI as we partner with them in our move to cyberspace."SVI Direct will drive the fulfillment engine of Academy Sports and Outdoors' e-tail site currently under development. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Is China losing its edge as a US apparel supplier?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report