USA: Academy Sports Takes Cautious Steps Into Cyberspace
Academy Sports and Outdoors, one of the US's largest sporting goods retailers, is making the move into multichannel after it signed up with SVI Retail for the company's direct-to-consumer fulfillment product, SVI Direct.Like many brick and mortar companies, Academy Sports and Outdoors wants to use the Internet as an alternate sales channel, but prefers to tread cautiously rather than rush onto the web.Lynn Caldwell, vice president of information systems for Academy Sports and Outdoors, said: "We feel the Internet will be a very successful channel for us, but we are proceeding carefully. We want to be sure we have a solid infrastructure in place so that the customer experience on the web is as positive as the one we have been delivering in our stores.""We chose SVI's fulfillment engine because it has already been successfully integrated into the SVI merchandising solution we are currently using. We look forward to continuing our 17-year relationship with SVI as we partner with them in our move to cyberspace."SVI Direct will drive the fulfillment engine of Academy Sports and Outdoors' e-tail site currently under development. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020