THE NETHERLANDS: Acordis Sells Spanish Acrylic Business
Acordis is to sell its acrylic fibres business in Barcelona, Spain to Fisipe of Lavadrio, Portugal. The sale includes licensing arrangements giving continuing access to the Acordis family of acrylic fibre brands namely Courtelle, Neochrome, Dolan and Dolanit, without compromising the high quality standards with which these brands are associated. The other Acordis acrylic fibre operations in Grimsby and Bradford, UK and Kelheim, Germany are not affected by the sale. Financial details have not been made public. Acordis believes that this transaction is in the best interests of the Barcelona business, as the Barcelona and Fisipe acrylic operations have complementary product portfolios and strategies. The sale forms part of the continuing strategy of Acordis to concentrate on industrial and speciality fibre areas and achieve growth via product, process, and business innovation. The transaction will allow Acordis to focus on further developing its acrylic speciality products in the UK and Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts