THE NETHERLANDS: Acordis Sells Spanish Acrylic Business
Acordis is to sell its acrylic fibres business in Barcelona, Spain to Fisipe of Lavadrio, Portugal. The sale includes licensing arrangements giving continuing access to the Acordis family of acrylic fibre brands namely Courtelle, Neochrome, Dolan and Dolanit, without compromising the high quality standards with which these brands are associated. The other Acordis acrylic fibre operations in Grimsby and Bradford, UK and Kelheim, Germany are not affected by the sale. Financial details have not been made public. Acordis believes that this transaction is in the best interests of the Barcelona business, as the Barcelona and Fisipe acrylic operations have complementary product portfolios and strategies. The sale forms part of the continuing strategy of Acordis to concentrate on industrial and speciality fibre areas and achieve growth via product, process, and business innovation. The transaction will allow Acordis to focus on further developing its acrylic speciality products in the UK and Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022