THE NETHERLANDS: Acordis Sells Spanish Acrylic Business
Acordis is to sell its acrylic fibres business in Barcelona, Spain to Fisipe of Lavadrio, Portugal. The sale includes licensing arrangements giving continuing access to the Acordis family of acrylic fibre brands namely Courtelle, Neochrome, Dolan and Dolanit, without compromising the high quality standards with which these brands are associated. The other Acordis acrylic fibre operations in Grimsby and Bradford, UK and Kelheim, Germany are not affected by the sale. Financial details have not been made public. Acordis believes that this transaction is in the best interests of the Barcelona business, as the Barcelona and Fisipe acrylic operations have complementary product portfolios and strategies. The sale forms part of the continuing strategy of Acordis to concentrate on industrial and speciality fibre areas and achieve growth via product, process, and business innovation. The transaction will allow Acordis to focus on further developing its acrylic speciality products in the UK and Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022