THE NETHERLANDS: Acordis Sells Spanish Acrylic Business
Acordis is to sell its acrylic fibres business in Barcelona, Spain to Fisipe of Lavadrio, Portugal. The sale includes licensing arrangements giving continuing access to the Acordis family of acrylic fibre brands namely Courtelle, Neochrome, Dolan and Dolanit, without compromising the high quality standards with which these brands are associated. The other Acordis acrylic fibre operations in Grimsby and Bradford, UK and Kelheim, Germany are not affected by the sale. Financial details have not been made public. Acordis believes that this transaction is in the best interests of the Barcelona business, as the Barcelona and Fisipe acrylic operations have complementary product portfolios and strategies. The sale forms part of the continuing strategy of Acordis to concentrate on industrial and speciality fibre areas and achieve growth via product, process, and business innovation. The transaction will allow Acordis to focus on further developing its acrylic speciality products in the UK and Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Brands urged to empower women in sub-Sahara Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective