THE NETHERLANDS: Acordis Sells Spanish Acrylic Business
Acordis is to sell its acrylic fibres business in Barcelona, Spain to Fisipe of Lavadrio, Portugal. The sale includes licensing arrangements giving continuing access to the Acordis family of acrylic fibre brands namely Courtelle, Neochrome, Dolan and Dolanit, without compromising the high quality standards with which these brands are associated. The other Acordis acrylic fibre operations in Grimsby and Bradford, UK and Kelheim, Germany are not affected by the sale. Financial details have not been made public. Acordis believes that this transaction is in the best interests of the Barcelona business, as the Barcelona and Fisipe acrylic operations have complementary product portfolios and strategies. The sale forms part of the continuing strategy of Acordis to concentrate on industrial and speciality fibre areas and achieve growth via product, process, and business innovation. The transaction will allow Acordis to focus on further developing its acrylic speciality products in the UK and Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth