GERMANY: Acordis Sells Sympatex To Ploucquet
Acordis is to sell its Sympatex brand and business to C.F. Ploucquet, Heidenheim, Germany. Financial details are not disclosed. Sympatex is a leading windproof, waterproof and breathable membrane brand, applied to weather-proof fabric.Sympatex announced in January its intention to bring its activities together with Ploucquet into a long term partnership. Peter Wack, executive director of the Acordis group, said: "In German speaking Europe Sympatex already has a 60 per cent market share. As Ploucquet has great expertise in lamination, coating, finishing and supplementary products, the combination will enable the business to increase the speed of the brand rollout in other countries."Ploucquet is a supplier of textile products in the fields of functional fabrics and accessories for the garment industry with subsidiaries in different countries. Acordis is a multinational group of businesses, supplying customers throughout the world with man-made fibres and speciality materials for industrial, textile, medical, and hygiene applications. The Acordis group has sales of some EUR2.2bn ($1.9bn, £1.4bn), employs 15,000 people, and has production facilities in Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Brazil, Italy, Spain, and Poland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022