GERMANY: Acordis Sells Sympatex To Ploucquet
Acordis is to sell its Sympatex brand and business to C.F. Ploucquet, Heidenheim, Germany. Financial details are not disclosed. Sympatex is a leading windproof, waterproof and breathable membrane brand, applied to weather-proof fabric.Sympatex announced in January its intention to bring its activities together with Ploucquet into a long term partnership. Peter Wack, executive director of the Acordis group, said: "In German speaking Europe Sympatex already has a 60 per cent market share. As Ploucquet has great expertise in lamination, coating, finishing and supplementary products, the combination will enable the business to increase the speed of the brand rollout in other countries."Ploucquet is a supplier of textile products in the fields of functional fabrics and accessories for the garment industry with subsidiaries in different countries. Acordis is a multinational group of businesses, supplying customers throughout the world with man-made fibres and speciality materials for industrial, textile, medical, and hygiene applications. The Acordis group has sales of some EUR2.2bn ($1.9bn, £1.4bn), employs 15,000 people, and has production facilities in Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Brazil, Italy, Spain, and Poland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective