GERMANY: Acordis Sells Sympatex To Ploucquet
Acordis is to sell its Sympatex brand and business to C.F. Ploucquet, Heidenheim, Germany. Financial details are not disclosed. Sympatex is a leading windproof, waterproof and breathable membrane brand, applied to weather-proof fabric.Sympatex announced in January its intention to bring its activities together with Ploucquet into a long term partnership. Peter Wack, executive director of the Acordis group, said: "In German speaking Europe Sympatex already has a 60 per cent market share. As Ploucquet has great expertise in lamination, coating, finishing and supplementary products, the combination will enable the business to increase the speed of the brand rollout in other countries."Ploucquet is a supplier of textile products in the fields of functional fabrics and accessories for the garment industry with subsidiaries in different countries. Acordis is a multinational group of businesses, supplying customers throughout the world with man-made fibres and speciality materials for industrial, textile, medical, and hygiene applications. The Acordis group has sales of some EUR2.2bn ($1.9bn, £1.4bn), employs 15,000 people, and has production facilities in Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Brazil, Italy, Spain, and Poland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth