US: Acquisition costs hit Cherokee Q4 profits
- Q4 earnings drop to US$951,000
- Sales climb 6.2%
Global brand management business Cherokee has booked a drop in fourth-quarter earnings as costs associated with its Hawk Brands acquisition weighed on profits.
In the three months ended 1 February net profit amounted to US$951,000. This compared to earnings of $1.1m a year earlier.
The company said SG&A expenses related to its acquisition totaled around $1m. Minus the costs, net income amounted to $1.7m.
Revenues for the fourth quarter increased 6.2% to $6.4m, compared with $6m in the prior year period.
"Fiscal 2014 was a year of challenges, growth and market complexities," said Cherokee CEO Henry Stupp. "We continued to see progress including the development of our portfolio of apparel categories, brands and geographies as well as the addition of financial and retail experts to our senior management team."
Cherokee Global Brands has said it is "on the right path" to expanding and develop its namesake label after booking a 75% jump in fourth-quarter profit, helped by strong sales growth and carefully man...
Cherokee Global Brands has entered into a new license agreement with Sports Direct International to launch a line of Tony Hawk athletic clothes and accessories for the European market....
Global brand management business Cherokee Global Brands has entered into a licensing deal with home shopping retailer Argos for the launch of a line of clothing and footwear products for the UK market...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: G-III, Shoe Carnival, J Crew
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020