US: Acquisition costs hit Cherokee Q4 profits
- Q4 earnings drop to US$951,000
- Sales climb 6.2%
Global brand management business Cherokee has booked a drop in fourth-quarter earnings as costs associated with its Hawk Brands acquisition weighed on profits.
In the three months ended 1 February net profit amounted to US$951,000. This compared to earnings of $1.1m a year earlier.
The company said SG&A expenses related to its acquisition totaled around $1m. Minus the costs, net income amounted to $1.7m.
Revenues for the fourth quarter increased 6.2% to $6.4m, compared with $6m in the prior year period.
"Fiscal 2014 was a year of challenges, growth and market complexities," said Cherokee CEO Henry Stupp. "We continued to see progress including the development of our portfolio of apparel categories, brands and geographies as well as the addition of financial and retail experts to our senior management team."
Global brand management business Cherokee Global Brands saw its earning soar in the first quarter thanks to its recent Tony Hawk brands acquisition....
Apparel products sold by Tesco are expected to benefit from strengthening of the private label F&F and the expanding space dedicated to apparel in hypermarkets. The Cherokee brand is no longer present...
Global brand management business Cherokee has signed a long-term partnership deal Copyright Promotions Licensing Group (CPLG) to represent its brand across Europe....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies