US: Acquisition costs hit Cherokee Q4 profits
- Q4 earnings drop to US$951,000
- Sales climb 6.2%
Global brand management business Cherokee has booked a drop in fourth-quarter earnings as costs associated with its Hawk Brands acquisition weighed on profits.
In the three months ended 1 February net profit amounted to US$951,000. This compared to earnings of $1.1m a year earlier.
The company said SG&A expenses related to its acquisition totaled around $1m. Minus the costs, net income amounted to $1.7m.
Revenues for the fourth quarter increased 6.2% to $6.4m, compared with $6m in the prior year period.
"Fiscal 2014 was a year of challenges, growth and market complexities," said Cherokee CEO Henry Stupp. "We continued to see progress including the development of our portfolio of apparel categories, brands and geographies as well as the addition of financial and retail experts to our senior management team."
Cherokee Global Brands has said it is "on the right path" to expanding and develop its namesake label after booking a 75% jump in fourth-quarter profit, helped by strong sales growth and carefully man...
Cherokee Global Brands has entered into a new license agreement with Sports Direct International to launch a line of Tony Hawk athletic clothes and accessories for the European market....
Global brand management business Cherokee Global Brands has entered into a licensing deal with home shopping retailer Argos for the launch of a line of clothing and footwear products for the UK market...
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals