US: Acquisition costs hit Cherokee Q4 profits
- Q4 earnings drop to US$951,000
- Sales climb 6.2%
Global brand management business Cherokee has booked a drop in fourth-quarter earnings as costs associated with its Hawk Brands acquisition weighed on profits.
In the three months ended 1 February net profit amounted to US$951,000. This compared to earnings of $1.1m a year earlier.
The company said SG&A expenses related to its acquisition totaled around $1m. Minus the costs, net income amounted to $1.7m.
Revenues for the fourth quarter increased 6.2% to $6.4m, compared with $6m in the prior year period.
"Fiscal 2014 was a year of challenges, growth and market complexities," said Cherokee CEO Henry Stupp. "We continued to see progress including the development of our portfolio of apparel categories, brands and geographies as well as the addition of financial and retail experts to our senior management team."
Cherokee Global Brands has said it is "on the right path" to expanding and develop its namesake label after booking a 75% jump in fourth-quarter profit, helped by strong sales growth and carefully man...
Cherokee Global Brands has entered into a new license agreement with Sports Direct International to launch a line of Tony Hawk athletic clothes and accessories for the European market....
Global brand management business Cherokee Global Brands has entered into a licensing deal with home shopping retailer Argos for the launch of a line of clothing and footwear products for the UK market...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)