US: Acquisition costs hit Cherokee Q4 profits
- Q4 earnings drop to US$951,000
- Sales climb 6.2%
Global brand management business Cherokee has booked a drop in fourth-quarter earnings as costs associated with its Hawk Brands acquisition weighed on profits.
In the three months ended 1 February net profit amounted to US$951,000. This compared to earnings of $1.1m a year earlier.
The company said SG&A expenses related to its acquisition totaled around $1m. Minus the costs, net income amounted to $1.7m.
Revenues for the fourth quarter increased 6.2% to $6.4m, compared with $6m in the prior year period.
"Fiscal 2014 was a year of challenges, growth and market complexities," said Cherokee CEO Henry Stupp. "We continued to see progress including the development of our portfolio of apparel categories, brands and geographies as well as the addition of financial and retail experts to our senior management team."
Global brand management business Cherokee Global Brands saw its earning soar in the first quarter thanks to its recent Tony Hawk brands acquisition....
Apparel products sold by Tesco are expected to benefit from strengthening of the private label F&F and the expanding space dedicated to apparel in hypermarkets. The Cherokee brand is no longer present...
Global brand management business Cherokee has signed a long-term partnership deal Copyright Promotions Licensing Group (CPLG) to represent its brand across Europe....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey