USA: Action Performance Buys Jeff Hamilton For $4.5m
Jeff Hamilton Industries designs and produces premium leather jackets and other apparel featuring licensed logos and images from NBA, NFL, NHL and NASCAR teams and athletes.
Action will acquire all Jeff Hamilton Industries' business and assets, including the "Jeff Hamilton" trade name. With approximately 50 employees, the Los Angeles company has annual revenue of approximately $10 million, and will operate under the name Jeff Hamilton Collection.
Jeff Hamilton, who founded Guess Jeans for men in 1983 and pioneered the market for sports-licensed leather apparel, will join Action Performance as president of Jeff Hamilton Collection under a three-year contract.
The Jeff Hamilton Collection operations will remain in Los Angeles, while accounting and finance responsibilities will be consolidated into Action's corporate headquarters in Phoenix.
"This acquisition is another step in our on-going strategy to expand Action's product offering and distribution channels," explained Action CFO David Martin.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The global dynamics of the sportswear sector look sure to be shaken up following Adidas's EUR3.1bn (US$3.8bn) purchase of Reebok. Joe Ayling and Rebecca Danton ask whether this new clout will really b...
The latest trends in sports footwear and clothing are not just based on high technology - as Penny Leese found out at ISPO, the international trade fair for sports equipment and fashion....
The popularity of licensing trademarks for business purposes seems to be at an all-time high, particularly in the fashion field where consumers are buying more licensed products and brand names now th...
Surf goods maker Ocean Pacific (Op) is producing a range of National Basketball Association (NBA) beachwear in what is the business's first co-branded strategic relationship....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack