US: Action sports expert joins Walter Wilhelm Associates
Action sports and outdoor industry expert Shaun Tomson is joining apparel consultancy firm Walter Wilhelm Associates LLC (WWA) as a senior associate.
Tomson founded and managed two apparel companies - Instinct in the 80s and Solitude in the 90s - and has worked with outdoor and action sports firms including O'Neill and Patagonia. He is also a current board member of Surfrider Foundation, the world's largest surfing environmental group, an author, filmmaker and a World Professional Surfing Champion.
"Shaun has over three decades of unparalleled apparel industry experience in both the action sports and outdoor market and we are very excited to have him on our team," says WWA chairman Walter Wilhelm.
WWA focuses on helping firms improve process efficiency from product inception to adoption. Its activewear clients include Arc'teryx, Teva, Patagonia, Quiksilver, Volcom and O'Neill, as well as other international retailers and brands.
Deckers' action outdoor brand Teva has launched its TevaSphere footwear collection, which claims to improve stability for athletes on rocky terrain. ...
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide posted a 15.2% decline in second-quarter net earnings amid continued macroeconomic uncertainty in Europe....
Surf and sportswear retailer Quiksilver Inc has reported a second quarter loss of $5.1m after economic uncertainty in Europe and clearance sales and higher input costs hurt margins....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report