US: Action sports expert joins Walter Wilhelm Associates
Action sports and outdoor industry expert Shaun Tomson is joining apparel consultancy firm Walter Wilhelm Associates LLC (WWA) as a senior associate.
Tomson founded and managed two apparel companies - Instinct in the 80s and Solitude in the 90s - and has worked with outdoor and action sports firms including O'Neill and Patagonia. He is also a current board member of Surfrider Foundation, the world's largest surfing environmental group, an author, filmmaker and a World Professional Surfing Champion.
"Shaun has over three decades of unparalleled apparel industry experience in both the action sports and outdoor market and we are very excited to have him on our team," says WWA chairman Walter Wilhelm.
WWA focuses on helping firms improve process efficiency from product inception to adoption. Its activewear clients include Arc'teryx, Teva, Patagonia, Quiksilver, Volcom and O'Neill, as well as other international retailers and brands.
Deckers' action outdoor brand Teva has launched its TevaSphere footwear collection, which claims to improve stability for athletes on rocky terrain. ...
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide posted a 15.2% decline in second-quarter net earnings amid continued macroeconomic uncertainty in Europe....
Surf and sportswear retailer Quiksilver Inc has reported a second quarter loss of $5.1m after economic uncertainty in Europe and clearance sales and higher input costs hurt margins....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019