US: Action sports expert joins Walter Wilhelm Associates
Action sports and outdoor industry expert Shaun Tomson is joining apparel consultancy firm Walter Wilhelm Associates LLC (WWA) as a senior associate.
Tomson founded and managed two apparel companies - Instinct in the 80s and Solitude in the 90s - and has worked with outdoor and action sports firms including O'Neill and Patagonia. He is also a current board member of Surfrider Foundation, the world's largest surfing environmental group, an author, filmmaker and a World Professional Surfing Champion.
"Shaun has over three decades of unparalleled apparel industry experience in both the action sports and outdoor market and we are very excited to have him on our team," says WWA chairman Walter Wilhelm.
WWA focuses on helping firms improve process efficiency from product inception to adoption. Its activewear clients include Arc'teryx, Teva, Patagonia, Quiksilver, Volcom and O'Neill, as well as other international retailers and brands.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Deckers' action outdoor brand Teva has launched its TevaSphere footwear collection, which claims to improve stability for athletes on rocky terrain. ...
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide posted a 15.2% decline in second-quarter net earnings amid continued macroeconomic uncertainty in Europe....
Surf and sportswear retailer Quiksilver Inc has reported a second quarter loss of $5.1m after economic uncertainty in Europe and clearance sales and higher input costs hurt margins....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Who has pledged to ban the use of angora?
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024