US: Action taken over dangerous children’s products
The US Government has asked a California court to shut down the importation and sales activities of four companies who have allegedly imported illegal children’s products.
The companies, TDI International, S&J Merchandise, BLJ Apparel and All Season Sales, plus individuals Loan Tuyet Thai, Lan My Lam, Paul Phuong, Cuc T Thai, Tom Liu and Luan Luu, stand accused of importing products with illegal levels of lead, phthalates and small parts inappropriate for children under three.
BLJ Apparel’s affected products included children’s products and toys with illegal levels of lead, plus toys aimed at under-threes with small parts and infant rattles that could cause choking or suffocation.
The companies and individuals were brought together under one lawsuit because their operations were associated with each other, the government said.
“Companies cannot be allowed to import hazardous toys into the United States,” said Assistant Attorney General for the Justice Department’s Civil Division Stuart Delery.
“Parents have a right to feel confident that the toys their children play with are safe.”
S&J Merchandise, BLJ Apparel and All Season Sales, plus Tom Liu and Luan Luu, have agreed to settle the litigation, but the suit continues against the remaining defendants.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019