USA: Active Apparel Group Completes Acquisition Of Everlast
Active Apparel Group announced that, following the special meeting of stockholders held here today, it had completed its previously-announced acquisition of Everlast, the foremost brand in boxing. At the special meeting, the shareholders approved the change in the company's name to Everlast Worldwide Inc, among other matters.George Q Horowitz, chairman and chief executive of Everlast Worldwide, said: "This is a momentous occasion for our company. The change in our corporate name underscores our commitment to building the Everlast brand. We have the management team in place, a strategic plan that we will implement immediately and the financial resources to generate significant and profitable growth for Everlast Worldwide."He concluded: "We are committed to enhancing shareholder value and believe that our plans will help accomplish that goal. Looking ahead, our immediate focus will fall on improving our relationships with our licensees. We will open new geographic markets and, of course, introduce new Everlast products, which will also enhance our image."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022