CANADA: Acton Expands Specialised And Winter Boots Lines
Acton International, a subsidiary of AirBoss of America, today announced the acquisition of manufacturing equipment from the bankrupt Canadian manufacturer William H. Kaufman that will allow the company to expand its line of specialized boots and high-end winter boots.William H. Kaufman Inc marketed its products under the brand name Sorel and Black Diamond. "Acton will now be the only manufacturer of hand-made natural rubber boots in Canada. We plan to take advantage of this acquisition to become the foremost Canadian manufacturer of high-end boots," stated Acton president and COO Francois Soucy."We are confident that sales will increase substantially in Canada, especially in the West, where we are in the process of expanding our distribution network. In addition, we will continue our foray into the US market," added Mr. Soucy.AirBoss is the second largest rubber mixing company in North America. It is also a manufacturer of rubber and plastic products, specialising in patented parts for the transportation industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020