CANADA: Acton Expands Specialised And Winter Boots Range
Acton International, a subsidiary of AirBoss of America, has bought manufacturing equipment from bankrupt firm William H. Kaufman that will allow the company to expand its line of specialized boots and high-end winter boots. Canadian manufacturer William H. Kaufman sold its products under the Sorel and Black Diamond brand names. "Acton will now be the only manufacturer of hand-made natural rubber boots in Canada. We plan to take advantage of this acquisition to become the foremost Canadian manufacturer of high-end boots," said Acton president and COO Francois Soucy. AirBoss is the second largest rubber mixing company in North America. It is also a manufacturer of rubber and plastic products, specialising in patented parts for the transportation industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar