SPAIN: Actress Penelope Cruz to design, front Mango ads
Actress Penelope Cruz, the darling of Pedro Almodovar films, is to design and front ads for Spanish women's fashion chain Mango's 2007 autumn/winter collection, just-style learned on Thursday.
Cruz and sister Monica Cruz will design 25 pieces of apparel and accessories including jeans, T-shirts, and night dresses, as well as bags, hats and gloves, a Mango spokeswoman said.
"The collection is aimed at dressing a woman in all the moments of her day," she noted.
Mango will sell the collection, called 'Penelope Cruz y Monica Cruz for Mango,' in 80% of its nearly 800-global store network including Europe, the US and Asia.
Penelope Cruz will also front a global advertising campaign which will include outdoor and print ads, the spokeswoman said. Penelope will model international ads while Spanish ads will feature both Penelope and Monica, who has starred in popular Spanish TV series.
Penelope Cruz was nominated for this year's Oscars best-actress gong for her performance in Almodovar fim 'Volver.'
By hiring the Madrid-born actress, Mango hopes to boost momentum for its celebrity-inspired collections, which featured actress Milla Jovovich last year.
By Ivan Castano.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
A group of retailers from across the EU, including Cortefiel Group, Inditex, Levi Strauss & Co, Mango, Next, Nike and VF Corporation have formed a new association to highlight the value of branded clo...
Spanish retail group Inditex reported that net income reached EUR393m (US$549m) in the first half of 2007, 33% higher than the prior year period....
Turkish fashion firm Sahinler Group is looking to enter the Russian and East European markets with its Adessa brand....
Spanish women's fashion chain Mango on Friday opened a new 443 square metre store in Golden City, California, marking its second outlet in the San Francisco area and its thirteenth shop in the US mark...
Two of the world's top clothing retailers, Spain's Inditex SA and US-based Gap Inc, have resolved a dispute with Peruvian manufacturer Topy Top after it agreed to let its workers form a union....
Inditex, Europe's biggest clothing retailer and owner of the Zara fashion chain, has unveiled a number of initiatives intended to lessen its environmental impact....
Mosaic Fashions hf, the Iceland-listed owner of the Oasis, Karen Millen, Coast and Whistles fashion brands, has appointed Mike Shearwood as deputy CEO of Mosaic Fashions Ltd....
Mango will open a new store in Casablanca's international airport late this month - the seventh of ten such outlets it hopes to roll out this year to expand in the fast-growing airport retail market, ...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022