UK: Adams Steps Into Start-Rite Children’s Shoe Business
By combining the existing strengths of the Adams own bought range of shoes with the strengths of the Start-rite brand, Adams plans to create a fully serviced shoe department for children. The ranges will be further extended to accommodate other appropriate shoe brands to ensure a comprehensive offer is available.
The success of the Start-Rite brand within Adams has given the necessary confidence to extend the offer to more stores and when appropriate develop into other channels of distribution.
Michael Hobbs, chief executive of Adams Childrenswear said: "This is a major opportunity for Adams to develop an authoritative range of children's footwear. To be able to offer credible brands, like Start-Rite, with the service associated with fitted shoes, will allow us to compete in this important sector of our market place. With over 70 million customer visits to our stores each year we have a tremendous opportunity to become a major shoe retailer."
Première Vision remains the active, innovative and creative face of the global textile industry, and the latest show in September was no exception says Sapna Arora. The traditional textile strongholds...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Intimate apparel company Sherwood Group has bought the brand and assets of lingerie business Charnos for a cash consideration of GBP585,000 (US$712,541). ...
Ladies' wear chain Hobbs has named Liz Davies as design and buying director and Nicky Dulieu as finance director....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019