UK: Adams Steps Into Start-Rite Children’s Shoe Business
By combining the existing strengths of the Adams own bought range of shoes with the strengths of the Start-rite brand, Adams plans to create a fully serviced shoe department for children. The ranges will be further extended to accommodate other appropriate shoe brands to ensure a comprehensive offer is available.
The success of the Start-Rite brand within Adams has given the necessary confidence to extend the offer to more stores and when appropriate develop into other channels of distribution.
Michael Hobbs, chief executive of Adams Childrenswear said: "This is a major opportunity for Adams to develop an authoritative range of children's footwear. To be able to offer credible brands, like Start-Rite, with the service associated with fitted shoes, will allow us to compete in this important sector of our market place. With over 70 million customer visits to our stores each year we have a tremendous opportunity to become a major shoe retailer."
Première Vision remains the active, innovative and creative face of the global textile industry, and the latest show in September was no exception says Sapna Arora. The traditional textile strongholds...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Intimate apparel company Sherwood Group has bought the brand and assets of lingerie business Charnos for a cash consideration of GBP585,000 (US$712,541). ...
Ladies' wear chain Hobbs has named Liz Davies as design and buying director and Nicky Dulieu as finance director....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects