UK: Adams Steps Into Start-Rite Children’s Shoe Business
By combining the existing strengths of the Adams own bought range of shoes with the strengths of the Start-rite brand, Adams plans to create a fully serviced shoe department for children. The ranges will be further extended to accommodate other appropriate shoe brands to ensure a comprehensive offer is available.
The success of the Start-Rite brand within Adams has given the necessary confidence to extend the offer to more stores and when appropriate develop into other channels of distribution.
Michael Hobbs, chief executive of Adams Childrenswear said: "This is a major opportunity for Adams to develop an authoritative range of children's footwear. To be able to offer credible brands, like Start-Rite, with the service associated with fitted shoes, will allow us to compete in this important sector of our market place. With over 70 million customer visits to our stores each year we have a tremendous opportunity to become a major shoe retailer."
Première Vision remains the active, innovative and creative face of the global textile industry, and the latest show in September was no exception says Sapna Arora. The traditional textile strongholds...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Intimate apparel company Sherwood Group has bought the brand and assets of lingerie business Charnos for a cash consideration of GBP585,000 (US$712,541). ...
Ladies' wear chain Hobbs has named Liz Davies as design and buying director and Nicky Dulieu as finance director....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey