USA: adidas America To Launch Athletic Maternity Line
Even though today's women are active with their workout programs throughout their pregnancies, no major branded line has ever addressed this important phase of a woman's life. But now, in an effort to fulfill the needs of a woman's changing body during pregnancy, adidas America and the Power of Two, LLC have entered into a license agreement to launch the first collection of athletic maternity apparel. "We recognized that women are staying active during their pregnancy," said Jolynn Ovington, adidas global business training manager. "After researching the market, we found the best partner in the Power of Two, who bring with them over 14 years of maternity apparel experience. We are dedicated to supporting the female athlete during every stage of her life.""We knew we had to partner with a progressive company that truly cared about women. adidas showed their support and commitment from the very beginning," said Michealene Christini Risley, co-managing director of the maternity company the Power of Two, LLC. The adidas Athletic Maternity Apparel line will be consistent with the in-line assortment of adidas women's apparel products in terms of color and fabrications. The styles are tailored and engineered to offer extra support, comfort and mobility for the pregnant athlete. One key component is a 'gym essentials bag'. This is a unisex diaper bag that includes four workout garments.The line is slated to launch in spring 2001 and will only be distributed in better department, maternity, and sporting goods stores. In addition to apparel, accessories such as diaper bags and baby carriers will be offered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020