USA: Adidas And Old Navy Add Maternity Lines
The new line features an array of fitness clothes with details like "no gap" armholes, shorts and capris with padding for extra back support, and drawstrings and expandable waists.
"Pregnant women have an even greater need for well-fitted, comfortable clothes," says Dana Cappiello, designer of Adidas's new line, The Power of Two. "For a woman to spend the majority of her workout tugging and readjusting clothing that does not fit is only an exercise in frustration."
Gap's Old Navy is also launching a maternity line later this month. The clothes, including matte jersey basics, a "wild stripe" dress and dark-rinse boot-cut jeans, will be available only online, at the Old Navy website.
Old Navy is following in Gap's footsteps, which launched an online-only maternity line last year.
Companies: Gap Inc
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Sportswear giant Adidas-Salomon AG has lost out in a feud over whether athletes can wear garments featuring its three-stripe logo at the Olympic Games....
Sports goods giant Adidas-Salomon has decided to sell off its Salomon division to Finnish company Amer Sports for approximately €485 million....
Sportswear major Adidas says that India is on track to overtake Malaysia as its number one Southeast Asian market....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
Sportswear giant Adidas has signed a $26.67 million deal with The University of Kansas to kit out all of its teams for the next eight years, signalling the end of a long-lasting agreement with Nike, w...
Apparel giant Gap Inc has announced that its new women's retail division will be called Forth & Towne, alongside revealing a number of strategic growth initiatives....
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack