GERMANY: Adidas cuts FY forecasts on Russia and golf issues
Adidas, the world's second-largest sportswear maker, has lowered its full-year profit expectations on distribution issues in Russia combined with a weak golf market.
The company now expects full-year net income to reach EUR820-850m (US$1.1-1.14bn), down on prior expectations of EUR890-920m. Sales on a currency-neutral basis are expected to increase by low-single digits, against earlier forecasts of a low-to-mid single digit growth.
Adidas blamed unexpected constraints at its distribution facility in Chekhov, which is impacting new product flow to stores.
And it said continued softness in the global golf market and TaylorMade-Adidas Golf's focus on maintaining healthy inventory levels, will lead to a lower sales and profit contribution from the segment than originally forecast.
"Despite the increased headwinds we are facing in the short term, we remain confident and resolute in pursuit of our Route 2015 strategic aspirations," said Adidas Group CEO Herbert Hainer.
"Based on the strong demand for our highlight concepts and innovations in our key categories, the upcoming initiatives for the FIFA World Cup 2014 and positive customer feedback to our spring/summer 2014 collections both at Adidas and Reebok, momentum will clearly return to our business in the fourth quarter and beyond."
The company has also said that Roland Auschel will join the group's board. He is currently chief sales officer, multichannel markets. He will assume responsibility for global markets at a board level.
Michael Stanier, chief sales officer, consumer direct, and Harm Ohlmeyer, chief ecommerce officer, will report into Auschel.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Germany-based sportswear giant adidas Group continues to trail perennial rival Nike Inc but has started to outperform its great competitor. adidas Group has increased its focus on developing company-o...
Vietnam's leading shoe maker Thai Binh Shoes (TBS Group) has started construction of a VND1.2 trillion (US$57m) footwear plant in the north of the country....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) will focus on boosting trends and innovation in the global marketplace under the direction of new president Frank Dassler....
In terms of the Russian apparel and sportswear categories, adidas OOO aims to maintain its leading position. According to the adidas Group’s annual report, Russia is one of the three key developing ma...
Executives from Reebok, Walt Disney, and Clothing+ will join Adidas and Fabric Works to speak at this year's Smart Fabrics & Wearable Technology conference....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details