VIETNAM: Adidas garment supplier to close, 797 jobs lost
Grand Best Textile Vietnam, a Vietnamese supplier to sportswear brand Adidas, will close down from this weekend (30 May) due to a lack of orders.
Ho Chi Minh city's management board of industrial and processing zones has reported that all 797 workers of the Vietnamese plant will be dismissed.
The company says it plans to pay unemployment fees and subsidies for those seeking new work and social insurance by 15 June.
Grand Best Textile is located at Tan Tao Industrial zone, Ho Chi Minh city, and a subsidiary of Taiwan-based Grand Best Industrial, which also supplies garment products for Adidas.
By Ngo Tuan.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Despite fears that companies might cast aside their social scruples during the recession as they battle for business and, in many cases, their very survival, some firms are taking steps to show that s...
Adidas Group says its "primary concern is for the well-being of the SS Venture workers and their families" after the Philippines footwear supplier indicated it will close at the cost of 688 jobs....
While textile fairs around the world are still struggling to shrug off the heavy cloak of recession, the crowded aisles at the recent Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics' ten exhibition halls sugges...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style. Click on each headline for the full story....
German sporting goods firm Adidas is following in the footsteps of mail order giant Otto Group by setting up a social business model in Bangladesh that will create local jobs and operate on a non-prof...
Plans by sports apparel and footwear maker Adidas to shift production of National Basketball Association (NBA) jerseys away from a New York-based supplier to a factory in Thailand have drawn angry com...
German sportswear company Adidas Group has confirmed to just-style it will end a supply deal with Philippines-based footwear manufacturer SS Venture Inc, where a total of 688 workers are set to be hit...
Nike division Jordan Brand has announced the upcoming launch of its 25th anniversary Air Jordan 2010 shoe....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts