US: Adidas launches Climachill apparel line
The technology provides an instant chilling sensation
Sporting goods giant Adidas has launched a sportswear line featuring Climachill, cooling apparel technology.
The pieces incorporate fabric woven with titanium and industry-first 3D aluminium cooling spheres. The technology provides an instant chilling sensation to help athletes' performance in warm conditions - lowering their body temperature.
Using evaporation and conduction methods together for the first time, the SubZero flat yarn used contains titanium and is woven throughout the inside of each article of clothing. Flat yarn has more surface area than traditional yarns, which enables it to transfer heat away from your body.
"At adidas we are constantly striving to create innovations to make the athlete comfortable so they can focus on performance," said Heike Leibl, senior vice president of training at Adidas.
"The aluminium cooling spheres used in the Climachill range provide an instant chill effect to keep the athlete at their peak optimum temperature to perform at their best in any conditions.
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)