GERMANY: Adidas Moves Golf Division A Fair Way
Sports wear giant adidas is to relocate its golf foot wear, design, development and marketing units from Germany to the US, it announced on Thursday.
Staff currently based at the company's headquarters in Herzogenaurach will be relocated to the purpose-built adidas golf headquarters in Carlsbad, California, from October 1.
Carlsbad is considered to be the capital of the golf industry and adidas chiefs say the move will help strengthen the positioning of adidas as one of the world's leading sports brands.
"This will enhance the credibility of the adidas brand in the golf industry and helps adidas-Salomon AG to take full advantage of significant opportunities in the global golf market," said Erich Stamminger, executive board member of adidas-Salomon AG, responsible for global marketing.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Sportswear company Adidas-Salomon AG has agreed a long-term design deal with car manufacturer Porsche AG's Design unit....
Sportswear giant adidas' American subsidiary has named Russ Hopcus as senior vice president of sales....
Sportswear giant Adidas-Salomon AG says it plans to record football-related sales of more than €1 billion in 2006, with percentage growth in the two-digit range....
Sportswear company Adidas-Salomon AG, which this week announced it was selling its Salomon winter sports goods arm, says it predicts sales and profits to continue to rise during 2006, Dow Jones report...
Knit and apparel maker Fanco says the termination of its supply deal with sportswear giant Adidas will cause a €6.0 million loss in 2005....
Sportswear giant Adidas-Salomon AG has lost out in a feud over whether athletes can wear garments featuring its three-stripe logo at the Olympic Games....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar