SAUDI ARABIA: Adidas opens first Originals store
German sporting goods giant Adidas is opening of its first Originals retail store in Saudi Arabia.
The 200 square metre store in Jeddah is a significant expansion for Adidas into the Kingdom, and is the first store solely dedicated to its lifestyle fashion range carrying the classic Adidas Trefoil.
"The Saudi market has been embracing our lifestyle fashion line for some time now and through the new store we hope to now offer customers the fullest range of Originals clothing, in an exciting and enticing environment," said Eduard Massier, marketing and business development director, Adidas Emerging Markets.
The new store will feature the autumn/winter 2009 collection, which continues the year-long celebration of Adidas' 60th anniversary.
It is being opened in partnership with Delta Marketing, Adidas' strategic partner in the Kingdom for over 10 years.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The appointment of a new chief executive at major UK sportswear retailer JJB Sports, after just under a year-long search, will comfort the company's shareholders, particularly given the unsettling exi...
Despite fears that companies might cast aside their social scruples during the recession as they battle for business and, in many cases, their very survival, some firms are taking steps to show that s...
Adidas Group says its "primary concern is for the well-being of the SS Venture workers and their families" after the Philippines footwear supplier indicated it will close at the cost of 688 jobs....
Retailers and brands including Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury's and Adidas are throwing their weight behind a campaign calling for greater transparency in global supply chains that can contribute to defor...
Sportswear giant Adidas is teaming up with Disney to launch a new clothing line for infants and children based around classic Disney characters....
TAF, previously known as The Athlete's Foot, announced today that it is launching a brand-exclusive Adidas shoe in two colour-ways for the US holiday season....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style. Click on each headline for the full story....
German sporting goods firm Adidas is following in the footsteps of mail order giant Otto Group by setting up a social business model in Bangladesh that will create local jobs and operate on a non-prof...
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective