CHINA: Adidas opens online store on Taobao
Sportswear giant Adidas has opened a flagship online store on the Taobao Mall, the leading internet consumer shopping platform in China.
The store will be the company’s only official online retail channel in the country, and will be managed directly by its Chinese subsidiary.
It will carry the full range of Adidas brands and product lines, with more than 200 available initially, and plans to extend that number to 800 in the near future.
“This special initiative addresses our Chinese consumers’ changing lifestyle needs and we will now be able to provide them with an official online shopping channel to purchase authentic and even exclusive products at their own convenience,” said Christophe Bezu, managing director of Adidas Group in China.
According to Taobao figures, more than RMB800m (US$118m) was spent on sports-related products in 2009 in the mall, increasing to more than RMB700m in the January to July period this year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
German sporting goods firm Adidas Group has promoted Harm Ohlmeyer, currently its COO for e-commerce, as chief e-commerce officer beginning 1 April....
The following is a roundup of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy. ...
German sports company Adidas Group and the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) have announced the extension of their sponsorship agreement to December 2018. ...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar