JAPAN: Adidas ordered to stop price fixing
Adidas has been sanctioned by the Japanese Fair Trade Commission after unlawfully pressuring retailers to stop offering discounts on Reebok EasyTone trainers.
The JFTC today (2 March) issued a cease and desist ruling after finding that it forced retailers to sell models launched before October 2010 at the discount limit price fixed by Adidas Japan. It also pressured retailers to sell the models it launched after November 2010 at the suggested retail price.
An Adidas spokesperson told just-style: "The JFTC opened an investigation of Reebok in Japan in April 2011 regarding alleged violations of the Anti-Monopoly Act. As a result, we received a cease-and-desist order issued by JFTC. We take the order seriously and will enhance the compliance program in Japan. Compliance with the law is one of the key values for Reebok."
Adidas's sponsorship strategy is paying dividends, with the sportswear brand's chief executive Herbert Hainer highlighting the success of its sponsorship of the London Olympics and the Euro 2012 footb...
The Finish Line has appointed Harvey Bierman as vice president of digital technology as the US sportswear chain continues to expand its digital business....
Sportswear giant Adidas remains committed to its restructuring programme in India, despite reports some of its Reebok franchisees are unwilling to change to the new franchise model it wants them to ad...
Lingerie and activewear manufacturer Tefron has swung to a second-quarter net profit on the back of increased sales of seamless apparel....
Sportswear giant Adidas has confirmed it will accelerate the restructuring of its Reebok business in India in order to set the unit up for a "fresh start" in 2013 - including the integration of local ...
Adidas-owned Reebok India may face penal action and money laundering charges for running unauthorised retail outlets as well as breach of export commitments, according to local media reports....
Sportswear brand Adidas today (2 August) said it expects full-year earnings to come in at the top end of its previous forecast as it capitalises on its sponsorship of the Euro 2012 football tournament...
Adidas-owned sportswear brand Reebok has said it will cooperate with authorities over the alleged fraud at its Indian business....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024