POLAND: Adidas outlines Polish goals via UEFA sponsorship
Adidas has affirmed its ambition to achieve market leadership in Poland by 2015 through its partnership with UEFA 2012.
The company said today (31 August) that as part of these plans, it will look to lead the football category in Poland by 2012. In the Ukraine, it plans to extend its leadership position.
"As the official partner of UEFA Euro 2012, we will use the event to reach market leadership in Poland by 2015 and take over category leadership in football in 2012," said Herbert Hainer, CEO of the Adidas Group. "This is the first time a major tournament like the UEFA Euro will be hosted by Poland and the Ukraine. We are very excited about the upcoming event and plan to leverage UEFA Euro 2012 internationally to showcase our brand and our innovative and exciting products."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison will enter into a period of mediation with sportswear firm Adidas as part of efforts to resolve a dispute over its obligations to former workers at a factory in Ind...
Plans by six apparel and footwear brands and retailers to eliminate the discharge of hazardous chemicals from their supply chains by 2020 have been widely praised by a group of stakeholders - but are ...
Swedish sports wear company Peak Performance today (18 January) said it has appointed former Adidas executive Henrik Bunge as its new CEO....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar