GERMANY: adidas-Salomon to revert back to original name
Sports goods group adidas-Salomon AG will change its name back to adidas AG now it has sold off the Salomon subsidiary.
Shareholders of adidas voted yesterday to give the company its original name back.
The change will come into effect once papers have been filed, which is expected to be within the next few weeks.
adidas sold Salomon last year to Amer Group and then announced it would buy rival Reebok.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The debate over the imposition of anti-dumping duties on imports of leather shoes from China and Vietnam into the EU has raged for most of this year. But even though the EU reached a final decision on...
Ironclad Performance Wear has appointed former Under Armour executive Reade Simonds as its apparel director....
Three GMB (Britain's General Union) officials protesting against pay rates at JJB Sports were injured by a truck yesterday (9 November)....
Adidas has beaten market forecasts with higher third-quarter net profit but said it was slashing its forecast for 2007 as it ploughs money into the Reebok brand....
A Sri Lankan garment company, Bernard Botejue Industries, has bagged the Best Performing Supplier Award from UK's Sainsbury's....
Sports goods firm Adidas confirmed to just-style today (6 November) that two of its Indonesian suppliers have shut down with another one to follow....
Nike brand president Charlie Denson has appointed Joaquin Hidalgo to head up its global football strategy with the aim of gaining market dominance by 2010....
Nordstrom has become the first retailer to have its labour compliance programme accredited by the Fair Labor Association....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective