GERMANY: Adidas seeks arbitration in national team dispute
The company believes that its existing supplier agreement with the association was "effectually extended" in August 2006 until at least 2014, and is seeking confirmation.
Adidas said: "In the past months, Adidas has made every effort to find an amicable solution with the German Football Association DFB.
"Unfortunately, we were not able reach an agreement. In order to achieve an objective decision in a timely manner, we have decided to take this matter to arbitration, as stipulated in our existing contract with the DFB."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
A major counterfeiting operation in the US has been thwarted by authorities, say local reports....
Sportswear firm Nike has appointed John Slusher as the company's vice president of global sports marketing. He replaces Adam Helfant, who will be leaving Nike later this month....
JJB Sports expects profit for the first-half of 2007 to fall below expectations, after revenues were hit by a slump in replica product sales....
Sporting goods giant Nike has resolved its differences with the Indian cricket board over alleged representation of other brands by players despite an endorsement deal....
Vietnam is on the verge of setting up a task force to track its apparel exports in an attempt to pre-empt any anti-dumping lawsuits....
UK sportswear chain Sports Direct International has increased investments in two of the major brands it stocks, Adidas and Umbro, as it awaits shareholder approval for its Everlast merger later this m...
Sports Direct International has indicated that it expects to make an interim gross profit despite the wet weather in the UK, and that it intends to build on its Everlast merger with more acquisitions....
Ho Chi Minh government has just released a decision to punishing a shop in the city selling imitation Nike and Adidas sports clothes and shoes....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts