GERMANY: Adidas seeks buyers for Rockport brand
Adidas says Rockport is not a strategic asset for the group
German sportswear giant Adidas is seeking offers for its struggling Rockport shoe brand, its chief executive confirmed this week.
Speaking on a conference call with analysts as the group recorded a 34% slump in first quarter net profit, Herbert Hainer said investment bank Guggenheim Partners has been hired to talk with potential buyers for Rockport.
He said the brand, which joined the Adidas portfolio with the company's acquisition of Reebok in 2006, is not a strategic asset for the group.
Rockport generated revenues of EUR290m (US$405m) last year, up 1.1% on the year before. But net sales tumbled 12.1% to EUR53m in the first quarter, according to results published this week. Sales were down 6.9% after the numbers were adjusted for currency fluctuations.
The main aims set out in adidas's 'Route 2015' plan are for financial growth and improved profitability. A look at the company's recent performance shows that some progress has been made, particularly...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
adidas AG - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and ...
Apparel and footwear group Deckers Brands has appointed Wendy Yang as president of its Teva brand as it looks to evolve its outdoor positioning and further penetrate the global footwear market....
This report provides information on the latest developments in: dyes for performance apparel; electronic apparel; fabric printing inks; fabrics for performance apparel; fabrics for protective apparel;...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020