GERMANY: Adidas seeks buyers for Rockport brand
Adidas says Rockport is not a strategic asset for the group
German sportswear giant Adidas is seeking offers for its struggling Rockport shoe brand, its chief executive confirmed this week.
Speaking on a conference call with analysts as the group recorded a 34% slump in first quarter net profit, Herbert Hainer said investment bank Guggenheim Partners has been hired to talk with potential buyers for Rockport.
He said the brand, which joined the Adidas portfolio with the company's acquisition of Reebok in 2006, is not a strategic asset for the group.
Rockport generated revenues of EUR290m (US$405m) last year, up 1.1% on the year before. But net sales tumbled 12.1% to EUR53m in the first quarter, according to results published this week. Sales were down 6.9% after the numbers were adjusted for currency fluctuations.
The main aims set out in adidas's 'Route 2015' plan are for financial growth and improved profitability. A look at the company's recent performance shows that some progress has been made, particularly...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
adidas AG - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and ...
Apparel and footwear group Deckers Brands has appointed Wendy Yang as president of its Teva brand as it looks to evolve its outdoor positioning and further penetrate the global footwear market....
Adidas focuses on running and performance apparel and footwear. The company expects these categories to be strong drivers of growth in the future. The four-year partnership between adidas and the Cana...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Hong Kong industry pins future on innovation
- Asian union development: is there another way?
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019