GERMANY: Adidas tops sustainability index
German sporting goods firm Adidas Group has announced being rated an industry leader in sustainability issues and corporate responsibility by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI).
The company said it topped the "Clothing, Accessories & Footwear" category for the seventh time in a row.
Herbert Hainer, Adidas Group CEO and chairman, said: "This achievement is a great recognition of our efforts. We will continue to work on making social and environmental needs an integral part of our business."
Today’s retailers and brand owners work at a frantic pace, producing and selling more and more garments at ever-cheaper prices – even though it’s a model that seems at odds with steps being taken by m...
The use of polyurethane in performance swimwear is credited with securing 235 world records over the past two years. But a ban on the use of the material in competitions from 1 January 2010 is set to ...
Recessions are difficult times for most retailers but Marks & Spencer (M&S) arguably has a harder time than most. Not only does it endure the leaner pickings all retailers suffer, but it does so under...
Having delivered apparel and footwear industry news for the past decade, just-style takes a reflective look through its archives to highlight ten key themes that have helped shape the apparel industry...
France's The Lifestyle Company, which specialises in the distribution of 'lifestyle' shoes, apparel and accessories brands, has appointed Patrick Buffeteau to head its Sport Fashion division....
A "small number" of Adidas workers have lost their jobs as part of the company's restructuring process in the US, the company has confirmed....
Sportswear giant Adidas Group has opened its own business in the fast-growing market of Vietnam....
Disney has unveiled a series of clothing, crystal and jewellery collaborations to coincide with the imminent release of its new film, Alice in Wonderland....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020