INDIA: Aditya Birla Nuvo H1 profits surge
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo saw first half net profit surge on rising sales.
The company, whose interests run from fashion and textiles through to financial services and telecoms recorded a 22% increase in net profit to reach INR5.71bn (US$104.2m).
Revenue grew 12% to INR113.14bn over the half.
The company's Madura Fashion and Lifestyle brand recorded a 7% increase in EBITDA to reach INR870m. Revenue grew 9% to INR11.71bn. Over the half, wholesale recorded a marginal increase in revenue, while the retail channel recorded 21% growth, driven by new store openings.
"The challenging economic environment continues to affect growth in some of the sectors where ABNL operates. Despite this, the company has posted a strong growth in earnings," said managing director Dr Rakesh Jain.
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras