INDIA: Aditya Birla Nuvo H1 profits surge
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo saw first half net profit surge on rising sales.
The company, whose interests run from fashion and textiles through to financial services and telecoms recorded a 22% increase in net profit to reach INR5.71bn (US$104.2m).
Revenue grew 12% to INR113.14bn over the half.
The company's Madura Fashion and Lifestyle brand recorded a 7% increase in EBITDA to reach INR870m. Revenue grew 9% to INR11.71bn. Over the half, wholesale recorded a marginal increase in revenue, while the retail channel recorded 21% growth, driven by new store openings.
"The challenging economic environment continues to affect growth in some of the sectors where ABNL operates. Despite this, the company has posted a strong growth in earnings," said managing director Dr Rakesh Jain.
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation