INDIA: Aditya Birla Nuvo H1 profits surge
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo saw first half net profit surge on rising sales.
The company, whose interests run from fashion and textiles through to financial services and telecoms recorded a 22% increase in net profit to reach INR5.71bn (US$104.2m).
Revenue grew 12% to INR113.14bn over the half.
The company's Madura Fashion and Lifestyle brand recorded a 7% increase in EBITDA to reach INR870m. Revenue grew 9% to INR11.71bn. Over the half, wholesale recorded a marginal increase in revenue, while the retail channel recorded 21% growth, driven by new store openings.
"The challenging economic environment continues to affect growth in some of the sectors where ABNL operates. Despite this, the company has posted a strong growth in earnings," said managing director Dr Rakesh Jain.
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide