INDIA: Aditya Birla Nuvo H1 profits surge
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo saw first half net profit surge on rising sales.
The company, whose interests run from fashion and textiles through to financial services and telecoms recorded a 22% increase in net profit to reach INR5.71bn (US$104.2m).
Revenue grew 12% to INR113.14bn over the half.
The company's Madura Fashion and Lifestyle brand recorded a 7% increase in EBITDA to reach INR870m. Revenue grew 9% to INR11.71bn. Over the half, wholesale recorded a marginal increase in revenue, while the retail channel recorded 21% growth, driven by new store openings.
"The challenging economic environment continues to affect growth in some of the sectors where ABNL operates. Despite this, the company has posted a strong growth in earnings," said managing director Dr Rakesh Jain.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar