INDIA: Aditya Birla Nuvo sells IT outsourcing unit
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo has agreed to sell is business and technology outsourcing firm, Aditya Birla Minacs, to a group of investors for US$260m.
The investors are led by private equity firms Capital Square Partners and CX Partners. The deal is expected to close in the next two to three months, subject to the requisite customary and regulatory approvals.
Sushil Agarwal, whole time director and CFO of Aditya Birla Nuvo, said: "The cash flow from the divestment of Minacs will support the growth plans of Aditya Birla Nuvo and ensure greater focus in its other businesses."
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015