INDIA: Aditya Birla Nuvo sells IT outsourcing unit
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo has agreed to sell is business and technology outsourcing firm, Aditya Birla Minacs, to a group of investors for US$260m.
The investors are led by private equity firms Capital Square Partners and CX Partners. The deal is expected to close in the next two to three months, subject to the requisite customary and regulatory approvals.
Sushil Agarwal, whole time director and CFO of Aditya Birla Nuvo, said: "The cash flow from the divestment of Minacs will support the growth plans of Aditya Birla Nuvo and ensure greater focus in its other businesses."
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide