INDIA: Aditya Birla Q3 earnings climb
- Net profit after tax rises INR3.45bn
- Total profit reaches INR6.62bn
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo has booked an increase in earnings for the third quarter.
In the three months to the end of December, net profit after tax reached INR3.45bn (US$55.4m), up from INR3.09bn a year earlier.
Total income amounted to INR6.62bn from INR6.83bn in the year ago period.
The company said its results account for the sale of its Carbon Black business with effect from 1 April to SKI Carbon Black (India) Private Limited.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015