INDIA: Aditya Birla Q3 earnings climb
- Net profit after tax rises INR3.45bn
- Total profit reaches INR6.62bn
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo has booked an increase in earnings for the third quarter.
In the three months to the end of December, net profit after tax reached INR3.45bn (US$55.4m), up from INR3.09bn a year earlier.
Total income amounted to INR6.62bn from INR6.83bn in the year ago period.
The company said its results account for the sale of its Carbon Black business with effect from 1 April to SKI Carbon Black (India) Private Limited.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Child labour products still entering US from China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam