INDIA: Aditya Birla Q3 earnings climb
- Net profit after tax rises INR3.45bn
- Total profit reaches INR6.62bn
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo has booked an increase in earnings for the third quarter.
In the three months to the end of December, net profit after tax reached INR3.45bn (US$55.4m), up from INR3.09bn a year earlier.
Total income amounted to INR6.62bn from INR6.83bn in the year ago period.
The company said its results account for the sale of its Carbon Black business with effect from 1 April to SKI Carbon Black (India) Private Limited.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020