US: Adorn Fashions leverages out-of-the-box PLM tool
Adorn Fashions, one of the fastest growing brands of casual sportswear for the petite, missy and plus-size markets, has chosen YuniquePLM software to help enhance accountability and visibility across its vendors and users.
"We have experienced a lot of growth in the past five years and are looking to take our business to the next level," said Ricky Zinn, vice president and COO of Adorn Fashions.
"We noticed that as we grew, complexity increased: we spent more time looking and less time doing.
"Our previous method of storing separate Excel and Adobe Illustrator files in a repository is time-consuming to organise, prone to errors and lacks accountability. In addition, searching within the repository favours one operating system over the other - furthering confusion.
"With Yunique Solutions' out-of-the-box configuration, we were able to move through the first implementation phase as quickly as we have."
Zinn added that he believes "successful implementation is the most crucial step, bar none, in having a successful PLM solution."
Adorn Fashions currently manages two brands, Baccini and Mynt 1792, along with a private label line.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? Technology agendas should include tools that help shorten the time from concept to cons...
Software can help tackle the key industry issues by connecting all processes, departments and geographies within a global business and ensuring that correct and up-to-date information can be shared in...
What are the biggest challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in 2014? One that stands out is the pressure to deliver on the omnichannel promise. There's a fundamental disconnect between the ...
Lingerie and nightwear manufacturer Marsylka is implementing Visual 2000 International's End-2-End software to help increase operational efficiencies and boost production across the business....
Mexican sportswear company Xceed Sports has implemented a cloud-based product lifecycle management (PLM) tool to streamline its business operations....
RLM Apparel Software Systems has launched the latest version of its FashionManager enterprise software....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects