UK: Adventurous adults boost lingerie market
The report shows consumers are displaying a greater willingness to experiment with more erotic lingerie styles
The UK market for lingerie, corsetry and hosiery has shown consistent growth in value over the past five years, according to new research, as the adult population excels in a more sexually liberated mass consciousness.
New report - Lingerie - by business intelligence provider Key Note, shows consumers are displaying a greater willingness to experiment with more erotic, and once niche unspoken of, lingerie styles, thanks in part to the Channel 4 'The Campaign for Real Sex' series, and the popularity of erotic novel trilogy 50 Shades of Grey.
Ann Summers and Agent Provocateur have seen their sales boosted as a result, while more practical and feminine lingerie retailer Marks & Spencer has collaborated with supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to create a luxury, modern collection.
Fashion retailers are also creating their own trend-driven lingerie ranges, resulting in an over-crowding of surplus lingerie retailers and brands on the market.
Nonetheless, the report notes: "The capability to constantly create new products and innovations in terms of the practical intimate items of sports bras, maternity bras and so on ensures that there will always be room for more styles and items to meet the marketplace in the coming years, with Key Note predicting that this successful market will continue to thrive with ongoing growth for the next five years."
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
The launch of Victoria’s Secret in London’s Westfield and New Bond Street locations positively impacted underwear, nightwear and swimwear. Considering recessionary cuts on spending, underwear and nigh...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the risk to Lesotho's textile and clothing production if the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) is not renewed, delays to a major...
Internet retailing continued to expand rapidly in the UK in 2013 as sales made from tablets and smartphones drove much of this growth. Multichannel retailing has become a central plank of the overall ...
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020