UK: Adventurous adults boost lingerie market
The report shows consumers are displaying a greater willingness to experiment with more erotic lingerie styles
The UK market for lingerie, corsetry and hosiery has shown consistent growth in value over the past five years, according to new research, as the adult population excels in a more sexually liberated mass consciousness.
New report - Lingerie - by business intelligence provider Key Note, shows consumers are displaying a greater willingness to experiment with more erotic, and once niche unspoken of, lingerie styles, thanks in part to the Channel 4 'The Campaign for Real Sex' series, and the popularity of erotic novel trilogy 50 Shades of Grey.
Ann Summers and Agent Provocateur have seen their sales boosted as a result, while more practical and feminine lingerie retailer Marks & Spencer has collaborated with supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to create a luxury, modern collection.
Fashion retailers are also creating their own trend-driven lingerie ranges, resulting in an over-crowding of surplus lingerie retailers and brands on the market.
Nonetheless, the report notes: "The capability to constantly create new products and innovations in terms of the practical intimate items of sports bras, maternity bras and so on ensures that there will always be room for more styles and items to meet the marketplace in the coming years, with Key Note predicting that this successful market will continue to thrive with ongoing growth for the next five years."
Internet retailing continued to expand rapidly in the UK in 2013 as sales made from tablets and smartphones drove much of this growth. Multichannel retailing has become a central plank of the overall ...
The UK’s department stores are investing in the modernisation of their outlets with the aim of making them more attractive to consumers and incorporate aspects of multichannel retailing more effective...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the risk to Lesotho's textile and clothing production if the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) is not renewed, delays to a major...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024