UK: Adventurous adults boost lingerie market
The report shows consumers are displaying a greater willingness to experiment with more erotic lingerie styles
The UK market for lingerie, corsetry and hosiery has shown consistent growth in value over the past five years, according to new research, as the adult population excels in a more sexually liberated mass consciousness.
New report - Lingerie - by business intelligence provider Key Note, shows consumers are displaying a greater willingness to experiment with more erotic, and once niche unspoken of, lingerie styles, thanks in part to the Channel 4 'The Campaign for Real Sex' series, and the popularity of erotic novel trilogy 50 Shades of Grey.
Ann Summers and Agent Provocateur have seen their sales boosted as a result, while more practical and feminine lingerie retailer Marks & Spencer has collaborated with supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to create a luxury, modern collection.
Fashion retailers are also creating their own trend-driven lingerie ranges, resulting in an over-crowding of surplus lingerie retailers and brands on the market.
Nonetheless, the report notes: "The capability to constantly create new products and innovations in terms of the practical intimate items of sports bras, maternity bras and so on ensures that there will always be room for more styles and items to meet the marketplace in the coming years, with Key Note predicting that this successful market will continue to thrive with ongoing growth for the next five years."
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
Bangladesh's woven garment exports fell by 4.14% in July amid a slowdown in shipments of apparel to markets such as the US following ongoing factory safety issues....
The launch of Victoria’s Secret in London’s Westfield and New Bond Street locations positively impacted underwear, nightwear and swimwear. Considering recessionary cuts on spending, underwear and nigh...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details