UK: Advertising Watchdogs Clear Saucy Gucci Pic
The picture of a scantily-clad model with her knickers pulled down to reveal her pubic hair shaped into the letter G attracted more than a dozen complaints when it featured in Vogue last month.
But the Advertising Standards Authority on Wednesday said it would not ban the famous fashion label from running the eye-catching ad again.
"The authority considered that the execution had been carefully targeted and that its sexual nature was unlikely to offend the fashion conscious readership," it said.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"