US: Advisory firms give thumbs up to Eddie Bauer sale
Apparel firm Eddie Bauer Holdings said two proxy advisory firms have recommended the proposed sale of the business to two investment companies.
Institutional Shareholder Services and Glass Lewis & Co said the suggested sale to Eddie B Holding - owned by Sun Capital Partners and Golden Gate Capital - would be in the best interests of Eddie Bauer's shareholders.
The proposed deal, which is hoped to close during the first quarter of 2007, offers US$9.25 per share in cash for the company.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The news that private equity firms are to buy majority stakes in both the Limited Stores and Express retail chains is just the latest example of the growing presence of private equity in the global ap...
Michael Weiss has been named as chief executive officer of Express, the casual clothing chain that Limited Brands sold yesterday (9 July) to private equity firm Golden Gate Capital....
Limited Brands Inc has found a buyer for a majority stake in its flagship apparel chain - completing a shake-up that will allow it to focus on its intimate apparel and personal care and beauty segment...
Apparel retailer Limited Brands Inc on Friday (22 June) said it plans to axe around 530 jobs, or 10% of its corporate workforce, as part of a series of initiatives to cut costs and refocus its busines...
Sri Lankan garment maker The Hirdaramani Group plans to build a green factory this year and invest in a project to make all of its existing factories more environmentally friendly, just-style has lear...
Neil Fiske has resigned as chief executive officer of Limited Brands' Bath and Body Works unit to join Eddie Bauer Holdings as president and CEO, effective 9 July....
Limited Brands on Friday (15 June) appointed Diane Neal chief executive officer of its Bath and Body Works division and Bill May chief operating officer of Victoria's Secret Stores....
The sale of military footwear firm Wellco Enterprises to Golden Gate Capital and Integrity Brands has been completed....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016