HONDURAS: AEC Narrow Fabrics renames and expands TESA plant
Elastics and trims supplier AEC Narrow Fabrics, formerly known as Asheboro Elastics, has renamed its TESA plant in Honduras to reflect its expansion over the past two years.
TESA - Telas Elasticas S de RL was acquired by AEC Narrow Fabrics in April 2012, and has since undergone improvements to its product line and development capabilities.
Now known as AEC - Honduras, the operation is focused on the manufacture of jacquard and intimate apparel elastics.
"We are very pleased about the positive changes that have been made at the former TESA plant with regard to capital investment, equipment refurbishing, quality enhancements and lead time/service level improvements," said Robert Lawson, president of AEC Narrow Fabrics.
"Our new name, AEC - Honduras, acknowledges our improvement investments and aligns our Honduran plant's name more closely with all of our locations."
AEC offers a full-range of narrow fabrics produced from facilities in North and Central America. In addition to AEC - Honduras' woven capabilities, the company has knitted production in El Salvador, plus knitted and woven elastics and rigid tape production in Asheboro, North Carolina.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Lawson aims to extend the scope of its target consumer audience to include more women and older consumers. In order to achieve this, Lawson recently improved its product portfolio and launched hybrid ...
The Japanese retailing industry performed well during 2013 as the country benefited from the policies which constitute ‘Abenomics’, which refers to the current Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s eco...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015