HONDURAS: AEC Narrow Fabrics renames and expands TESA plant
Elastics and trims supplier AEC Narrow Fabrics, formerly known as Asheboro Elastics, has renamed its TESA plant in Honduras to reflect its expansion over the past two years.
TESA - Telas Elasticas S de RL was acquired by AEC Narrow Fabrics in April 2012, and has since undergone improvements to its product line and development capabilities.
Now known as AEC - Honduras, the operation is focused on the manufacture of jacquard and intimate apparel elastics.
"We are very pleased about the positive changes that have been made at the former TESA plant with regard to capital investment, equipment refurbishing, quality enhancements and lead time/service level improvements," said Robert Lawson, president of AEC Narrow Fabrics.
"Our new name, AEC - Honduras, acknowledges our improvement investments and aligns our Honduran plant's name more closely with all of our locations."
AEC offers a full-range of narrow fabrics produced from facilities in North and Central America. In addition to AEC - Honduras' woven capabilities, the company has knitted production in El Salvador, plus knitted and woven elastics and rigid tape production in Asheboro, North Carolina.
Lawson aims to extend the scope of its target consumer audience to include more women and older consumers. In order to achieve this, Lawson recently improved its product portfolio and launched hybrid ...
The Japanese retailing industry performed well during 2013 as the country benefited from the policies which constitute ‘Abenomics’, which refers to the current Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s eco...
Plimsoll’s UK Textile Merchants (UK) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the UK Textile Merchants (UK) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a written ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead