HONDURAS: AEC Narrow Fabrics renames and expands TESA plant
Elastics and trims supplier AEC Narrow Fabrics, formerly known as Asheboro Elastics, has renamed its TESA plant in Honduras to reflect its expansion over the past two years.
TESA - Telas Elasticas S de RL was acquired by AEC Narrow Fabrics in April 2012, and has since undergone improvements to its product line and development capabilities.
Now known as AEC - Honduras, the operation is focused on the manufacture of jacquard and intimate apparel elastics.
"We are very pleased about the positive changes that have been made at the former TESA plant with regard to capital investment, equipment refurbishing, quality enhancements and lead time/service level improvements," said Robert Lawson, president of AEC Narrow Fabrics.
"Our new name, AEC - Honduras, acknowledges our improvement investments and aligns our Honduran plant's name more closely with all of our locations."
AEC offers a full-range of narrow fabrics produced from facilities in North and Central America. In addition to AEC - Honduras' woven capabilities, the company has knitted production in El Salvador, plus knitted and woven elastics and rigid tape production in Asheboro, North Carolina.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis