ITALY: Aeffe full-year loss widens to EUR3.2m
- FY loss EUR3.2m (US$4.4m) versus EUR3m
- Revenues down 1.2% to EUR251.1m
- Majority of company's markets saw declines
Luxury apparel and footwear business Aeffe has seen its full-year losses widen on costs linked to the reorganisation of its brand portfolio as well as lower revenues.
The owner of the Alberta Ferretti, Moschino, Pollini brands has not only invested in promoting its Philosophy, Ungaro and Cédric Charlier labels, but last year saw its Jean Paul Gaultier and Cacharel licenses end.
Revenues in the footwear and leather goods division grew 3.5% year-on-year to EUR71.9m, while the prêt-à-porter division rose 0.8% at constant exchange rates to EUR196.9m.
By region, sales declines in the US, Europe, Russia and Japan offset a 5.2% increase in the company's home market Italy and a 4.8% rise in the rest of the world.
However, Aeffe executive chairman Massimo Ferretti said: "We are satisfied with the results of the group, especially thinking about the future."
Fiscal 2013, he added, was a "transition year" particular with regard to the reorganisation of its brand portfolio.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Philippines gets go-head for EU GSP+ benefits
- TAL Group improves pre-production efficiency
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details