JAPAN: Aeon Tops List Of Most Profitable Retailers
A focus on becoming globally competitive and consumer focused has paid off for Aeon Group, which today announced it has become Japan's most profitable retailer. At a Tokyo press conference today, Aeon Group President Motoya Okada announced the company achieved a 16 per cent increase in sales and a 5 per cent increase in profitability over last year, well ahead of its closest competitor. The project is at the midpoint of a five-year programme.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores