US: Aeropostale CEO to step down
Mall-based apparel retailer Aeropostale has announced that Julian Geiger will end his service as chief executive officer at the end of the company's fiscal year.
Geiger has served as Aeropostale's CEO since 1996, and will continue to serve as chairman of the company's board.
Aeropostale's board has designated Mindy Meads and Thomas Johnson as Co-CEOs for when Geiger leaves.
On the same date Michael Cunningham will become president and CFO, Aeropostale added.
Geiger said: "Part of Aeropostale's unique culture is its emphasis on developing a group of tremendously talented and dedicated executives who will continue the outstanding performance that has characterized our past, while maintaining the core values that we believe make the company so special. We are therefore delighted by the promotions of Mindy, Tom, and Michael."
Meads has served as president and chief merchandising officer of Aeropostale since March 2007. Johnson has served as executive VP and chief operating officer of the firm since March 2004, and Cunningham as executive VP and CFO since March 2004.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US mall-based retailer Aeropostale has reported a 42% rise in fourth quarter profit, on the back of strong sales growth during the period....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' January 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' December 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Target Corp, Foot Locker
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022