US: Aeropostale "considering private equity deal"
Aeropostale faces pressure from investors to sell
Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale is understood to be considering raising capital from private equity firms as it mulls ways to shore up its balance sheet.
According to Reuters, the company is working with investment bank Barclays to study its options, four people familiar with the matter told the publication.
If Aeropostale does so, it may opt for a private investment in public equity (PIPE) transaction of "a few hundred million dollars", Reuters reported. Such a transaction is often used by small and mid-cap companies that may have difficulty raising capital in public markets.
No decision has yet been made, however, and Aeropostale is "considering other options that may include a sale of the entire company", sources are understood to have said.
The company faces pressure from investors, including Crescendo Partners, to sell the company. Last month, the firm was reported to have contacted at least two private equity firms about a possible sale.
In December it swung to a third-quarter loss of US$25.6m and reported a 15% decline in comparable sales.
Aeropostale did not return a request for comment at the time of going to press.
Synopsis Canadean's "Aeropostale, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
Foreign brands of adult apparel are the ones most actively introduced in previous years. However, in 2013, there was an increase in the ventures of local companies to bring international childrenswear...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead